CHAPTER 30

Hey everybody, just a quick shout out to my readers, sorry for taking so long to get this story finished, but I'm happy to announce it's almost done, just a few more chappies.

Here's another one, enjoy :)

Chapter 30

ERIC’S P.O.V

There was two weeks left until Lori’s birthday. Ever since my birthday things with Lori and Ashley has gotten kind of weird. For starters Lori has been dressing a little bit differently than she already has. I thought I was used to her new wardrobe before but my God, if she keeps up with those outfits of hers I might just have a heart attack. Then there’s Ashley who I'm really starting to warm up to. I never realized that she could actually be such a decent friend. Though I can sense things with her and Lori are still on the line, I know at least she’s trying.

For a while I’ve been keeping in contact with Julius. I miss him since he went away to university. I may be an only child, but Julius is like an older brother to me, and right now I wish he was here to help me figure out how I'm going to tell Lori how I feel. I know I need to do it fast because I hate to admit it but Lori and Chris has gotten awfully close to one another and I don’t trust the guy. I can understand why Lori was skeptical about Ashley changing for the better but it’s evident that she has. For one she’s nicer to Lori and more respectful and I know she’s trying to make up for her wrongs, but I don’t see Chris trying to change his douche like attitude. I’ve seen him around Monica a few times – a girl who’s wholesome and pure – and I bet he will stop at nothing until he gets in her pants.

I’ve been stressing out though and I could really use Julius’ input on my situation. I sat at the desk of my chair and dialed his number.

“Sup buddy” he answered sounding cheerful.

“Hey Jules, how’s it going? How’s life?”

“I'm getting raped up the ass here,” he joked making me laugh. “School’s stressful man, but I'm getting by. What’s up with you though? Anything new? How’s things with Lori?” he questioned.  

 “It’s not going so good” I sighed. “I still haven’t told her. I'm trying to tell her, but the timings are never right, and it needs to be perfect,” I stressed running a hand through my already disheveled hair. “I'm thinking about telling her on her birthday. Take her out on a picnic just the two of us, and when the timings perfect I’d tell her,” I stated. Nothing could screw that up. It’ll just be the two of us. I’ll take her somewhere quiet so we won’t get interrupted.

 “That sounds like a good thought, but let me give you something to think about… as it ever occurred to you that whenever you try to wait for the perfect moment to tell her you’re always interrupted” he stated. I scratched the back of my head and thought about the past month where I’ve been trying harder than ever to confess my eternal love for her.

“You may be right, but this time I'm certain that nothing will ruin this” I said confidently.

“Alright if you say so, but just keep in mind that the more you wait for your perfect moment the harder it’s going to be. I think when you tell her it shouldn’t matter where you are, the moment she knows I think that’s when it’d be the perfect moment” he said. I sat there staring at the wall in front of me taking in his words.

“How come you give great advice on love but don’t have a girl for your own?” I joked. He laughed before answering.

“Don’t worry when I find a girl I like I won’t take 10 years to tell her” he snickered.

“Har-har,” I laughed dryly. We stayed on the line for a few more minutes before I let him go back to his studies.

I laid in bed thinking about Julius’ advice. Maybe he was right, the sooner the better. Forget the perfect moment. I'm going to tell her tomorrow. I love Lori more than anything in this world and I need her to know it, I'm not scared of how she might react anymore. I know deep down she loves me back, she just doesn’t realize it yet, but I'm going to help her with that.