CHAPTER 27

Hey sorry it took so long but here it is; chapter 27, hope you enjoy.

Chapter 27

Eric’s POV

I was tired as hell when I arrived at school the next day. I didn’t even sleep a wink last night. Lori’s words before she left kept replaying over in my head.  “You know for a smart guy, you sure can be dumb sometimes.”  What did she mean by that? Was I missing something? The thought of last night made my stomach turn in knots and the uncertainty of how today was going to unfold made me feel much worse.

I was half awake as I grabbed my books from my locker. Suddenly I felt a hand land on my shoulder causing my heart to almost go into cardiac arrest. I turned around to see Ashley smiling brightly at me.

“Hey you,” she greeted cheerfully.

“Oh hey” I said glumly shutting my locker and turned to head to class. I wasn’t in the mood to talk right now.

“Whoa there, what’s the matter?” she asked pulling my shoulder making me stop. I sighed and turned to face her. How could she ask me what's the matter? She was there last night, she should know. I gave her a knowing look and she had a sheepish smile on her face.

"Oh. Sorry for ruining your date last night," she apologized looking down at her shoes. 

"What I want to know is why you acted so surprised when you saw us there, you knew I was taking her to that restaurant, you were the one that suggested it yourself," I said eyeing her suspiciously. Of all the restaurants why that one?

She looked affronted as she looked up at me. “You think I planned on getting stood up at my favourite restaurant?” she asked appalled. “I honestly forgot I mentioned that restaurant to you.”  I bowed my head feeling like a bigger dick than I already felt.

“I’m so sorry for even thinking for a second you something to do with my dinner being ruined,” I apologized sincerely. She laughed uneasily and waved it off.

“No harm no foul, but did anything happen between you two when I left?” she asked scanning my face intensely as she changed the subject.

"Well she called me dumb," I said sullenly getting a flashback of last night.

"Why?" 

"That's the thing, I have no idea." I said frustrated. Things were looking up for us and I was so sure last night was going to be amazing, but instead it went from amazing to a nightmare in a heartbeat.

“Wow she’s got issues,” she muttered to herself. I looked at her eyeing her carefully.

“I think she’s just under a lot of stress,” I defended. She shrugged not saying anymore.

“Can I ask you something though?” I questioned. I’ve been meaning to ask Lori but I never got the chance.

“Sure anything.” she replied cheerfully.

“What did happen between the two of you in the bathroom?" I wanted to ask that night but the look Lori was giving me, I wasn't sure I even wanted to know, though I did found it amusing seeing the two of them standing there looking like wet cats last night.

"I went to check my make up and the next thing I know she snapped and threw water at me," Ashley shrugged. I looked at her unbelievably; ok I find that really hard to believe. Why would Lori just blow up at her unexpectedly?

“Are you sure you didn’t say anything to make her snap?” I questioned. She gave me a hurt look as if I was accusing her. Wow Eric twice in one day. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair again.