CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

Here’s another chapter for ya’ll. Enjoy!! :)

It was finally a new year and the Christmas break was over. New Years Eve was a blast. Staying up and counting down to the last minute with my friends and family was a memorable moment – one that I’ll treasure forever.   

On New Year’s Josh said something that I will never forget. He said that he was sorry for coming on so strong but he wanted to let me know that he still hasn’t stopped liking me. But he’ll back off seeing that there was something between me and Eric. There was nothing between me and Eric…was there? I remember him saying he saw the way Eric looked at me. What did he mean by that? How was Eric looking at me? My mind almost exploded with the amount of questions swarming around. I want to believe that maybe Eric might have feelings for me and if I tell him, then maybe we could actually be together, but a majority of me is too scared to find out.

 At least things with me and Josh are better than ever and he promises to keep in touch.  

I had to go back to school tomorrow and was dreading it. I wish I could stay home another week. I love Toby to death. He has made my Christmas amazing. I made a bed for him to sleep in beside mine but he likes to snuggle up to me.

I was in the living room watching a movie when my dad called me from upstairs where he had been sick for the past couple of days. He’s been staying in the guest bedroom because he was afraid he was going to get mom sick.

 I paused the movie picking up Toby from my lap and placing him on the couch before running upstairs to my father.

“Yeah dad?” I said entering the room.  He looked better than he did two days ago. His nose was still a little red but his eyes had some life in them again. 

“Can you bring me my work from my office?” He asked in a stuffy voice. “It’s in a brown envelope that says case: 27 on it” he explained. I nodded my head and went to his office to get what he had asked for. I found it on his desk beside a pile of messy papers. As I went to pick up the folder I saw something that caught my eye. I saw my dad’s name on something and curiosity got the better of me.

 I skimmed the paper over and I saw promotion which didn’t surprise me because I remember dad and Eric talking about it, and some other really big cooperate law words that I had no understanding whatsoever. As I kept reading my blood froze as I saw Florida as the location.

I dropped the paper and stared at the wall in front of me. Was dad taking a job in FLORIDA? All of a sudden his phone ring making me jump three feet in the air. I ran around the desk to answer it.

“Hello” I answered in a breathless voice.

“Lori, are you having troubles finding it” my dad asked on the other line. I sighed and took a seat in his chair.

“No I’ve got it. Be there in a second” I told him before hanging up. I placed my head on the desk and let out a shaky sigh. If dad takes the job then I’d have to move which means I won’t see Delilah or Dylan or…Eric. A tear slid down my face and I instantly wiped it away. I just need to talk to dad about this.

I got up and headed upstairs to hand him the folder. I opened my mouth to ask him about the promotion, but nothing seemed to come out. I stood there frozen with my hand half-stretched clutching onto the folder.

“Lor honey, is there something wrong?” dad asked gazing up at me concerned. Again I tried opening my mouth to ask him, but I couldn’t do it. I didn’t want to move away from everyone I love. My life if here, this is where I belong.

“No dad” I sighed handing him the folder. I need time to process this. I headed back downstairs my head in the clouds. Toby heard me coming and barked widely. He ran to get his leash and came back placing it down in front of me. I couldn’t help but laugh despite how I felt at the moment. That dog sure knew how to put a smile on my face.