CHAPTER 29

Sorry this one's short. Hope you enjoy though.

Chapter 29

LORI’S P.O.V

That’s it I'm going to kill her!! Whoever said patience is a virtue didn’t know Ashley Paxton. My patience for her has finally packed up its things and hit the road leaving me ill-tempered and murderous.

I was on my bed enraged because of today’s turn of events. I saw my soccer ball in the corner by the window. I was so pissed off it took everything in me not to let my frustrations out and hurl the ball around in my room. Breaking things was good. Breaking things was therapeutic for me; too bad mom would have a shark and a whale if I trashed my room due to anger.

It’s been 2 months since Eric’s birthday and things are now out of control. Ashley has crossed the line. She’s gone too far this time. In fact she’s so far past the line I can’t even see where it is. How did I let it get this far? I should have known I was going to get burnt when I decided to try to beat Ashley at her own game. In order for this to make sense I must go back a couple of months.

***

It all started a couple weeks after Eric’s birthday. I realized that Ashley was around all the time now and I mean ALL the time!

She was ALWAYS around. ALWAYS at his house. ALWAYS with him at school. Hell I'm surprised she hadn’t followed him into the bathroom.

I knew what she was doing though. She was making it impossible for me to confess my feelings towards him. That little conniving bitch plays dirty. So I decided to play dirtier.

I was getting desperate. I could feel him slipping away. So one morning I woke up with an idea. One that I can say I'm not proud of in the least, but I was going crazy and I refused to let Ashley take away the one thing that kept me sane.

I decided a little flirting was in order. I riffled through my closet and found the sexiest outfit I ever owned. I picked out the cutest short white skirt, and a light yellow top that had a deeper v-neck than the rest of my tops. Normally I'm not the one to show off much of my cleavage, but I thought it was time to shake things up a bit. It was time to show Ashley she’s not the only one who had some tricks up her sleeves.

It took me almost an hour to work on my hair and make-up. I was almost late for school. It was a good thing mom wasn’t working that day so she gave me permission to borrow her car. 

When I arrived at school all eyes were on me. It was a little nerve racking and I felt out of place, but I held my head up with pride and strutted down the hallway with confidence in my black heeled boots that came just below my knees. I ruffled my hair a bit and headed off to find my target.

I made my way towards my locker where sure enough Eric was right there and right next to him was – you guessed it – Ashley. I gritted my teeth and glared at the back of her head as I made my way towards them.

“Hey Lor – whoa,” Eric said his eyes looking like they were about to pop out of their socket as he looked me up and down taking in my choice of outfit for the day. I felt myself smile satisfied with his reaction. Ashley turned around finally to see what Eric was staring at. Her mouth dropped and her eyes turned to slits when she saw me.

“Hello Ashley,” I greeted cheerfully. She was practically boiling and looked like a geyser about to explode any moment. “What’s the matter Ashley cat got your tongue,” I teased pushing past her and wedging myself between her and Eric.

“Hey I haven’t seen you much lately,” I pouted taking a moment to shoot Ashley an accusing look letting her know it was her fault as too why before turning back to look at him. “I was thinking you and I could take Toby for a walk today. It’s getting warmer out again and Toby misses you playing with him,” I said coming closer to him.