CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

“This is so cool” Delilah beamed once we reached the mountains. I nodded my head in agreement. The place was huge but it had a cozy cottage feeling to it. Delilah and I ran to the huge window and looked out where the ski hill was. It was absolutely stunning. There were family and friends skiing or snowboarding down the mountain.

“Okay senior classes gather around and pay attention” Mr. Hampton who was one of the teachers. He was a funny middle aged man who understood us teenagers better than any other teacher I’ve ever known – well except for Mr. Roy and his brother who are pretty cool, but I’ve known Mr. Hampton for a longer time.  There were 175 of us seniors in the school but most of them went on vacation with family and stuff so there were only 52 of us that were here.

“Seeing that there are only 52 of you…thank god” Mr. Hampton whispered the last part making some of us laugh. “There will be 4 to a room. 13 rooms in all” he explained. “The sheets for your roommates are right here over at this table, and please be careful not to disturb the guests here. Remember you represent Mantis High” he said before dismissing us.

Delilah and I ran to the sheets to see if we were rooming together.

“Yes” she squealed when she saw my name and hers. “Natalie's with us too” she beamed “and…NO, this can’t be happening to us” she wailed stomping her foot like a little baby looking at the sheet.

“Delilah calm down, you’re making a scene” I said looking around seeing that people were watching us like we were crazy.

“You would freak out too when you find out who’s with us” she sulked. I looked at her then looked at the sheet. The last name made my blood boil and my teeth clenched.

“You’ve got to be kidding me we’re rooming with ASHLEY!” I shrieked. Delilah nodded her head sadly. I sighed and took my suitcase.

“Come on” I said grumpily. There was no way I was going to let Ashley ruin my time here.

We were room number 503, the very top of the lodge. Once we finally reached our room I took out the key and swiped it making the door open. Both of our mouths dropped. The room was HUGE! It was like a little cottage inside a room. There were too beds that were both king-sized. And a comfy looking couch on the window which had an amazing view. The couch was in front of a fireplace and above it mounted a huge flat screen T.V.

“Holy Crap Lori come check out the bathroom” Delilah screamed excitedly. I ran over to her and went into the bathroom.

“Whoa” I breathed. “This isn’t a bathroom, its paradise” I whispered.  There was a Jacuzzi by the window, white cupboards everywhere. The sinks were huge and shiny. And the bathtub was big that it could fit 8 people in it. And to the right of it there was a walk in shower with a glass door. The floors were a light peach tile color and the mirrors were big as well. Even the toilet was amazing.

“I may never leave this bathroom” Delilah said looking around.

“Yeah just put in a flat screen T.V. and a mini refrigerator and this is my new room” I joked. Delilah laughed and linked arms with me. We walked out of the bathroom and went to unpack.

“I feel sorry for Natalie. She has to share a bed with Ashley” Delilah said looking over at the other king-sized bed in the room. I nodded my head in agreement. Just at that moment the room door opened and there was arguing.

“All I'm asking is why you had to bring so many suitcases. We’re only here for a week” I heard Natalie say.

 “Ugh. You’re pathetic. One is for my clothes, one has my shoes, one has my make-up and accessories and the last one has my bathroom essentials” Ashley answered in an obvious tone. I looked at Delilah and mouthed “4 suitcases?” she rolled her eyes and went to help Natalie.