Chapter 10

Zachary stirred from his sleep and felt that something was different, he glanced down and saw a sleeping Evalin laying her head on his bare chest. He remembered the night before, how upset she was and the tears streaming down her face and how the sight of it all had made him feel.

He unconsciously held her closer to him and she snuggled against him, that made him smile. It also made him think of how this was the first time a girl was wearing clothes in his bed and the first time he let one sleep over as well, but he didn't seem to mind if it was Evalin.

There was something about her that made everything seem more bright, better.

"Hey," he heard her say and he looked down to see her staring up at him.

"Good morning," He smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"That's good."

"Thank you," she placed her chin on his chest to look at him better. "About last night, I-I didn't know hwere else to go and I'm sorry for coming-"

He shook his head, "You don't need to apologize, I'm here whenever you need me."

She gave him a small smile, sighed and laid her head on his chest again. "I'm sorry."

"I already told you-"

"Not about last night, about everything." She said, "About what I said that day in our secret spot, about ignoring you and the way I treated you."

He caressed her head and started playing with her hair, "It's okay."

"It's not okay, the thing is that I had just found out about something... big and I was scared and I took it out on you and you didn't deserve that." She laid on her side staring intently at him, "I didn't mean all those things I said, Zach."

The way she looked at him made his heart skip a beat, "Well, if it makes you feel better, I forgive you."

"Thank you," they stared at each other for an awkward amount of time and she cleared her throat. "I don't know if your family has told you this, but our families will be meeting tomorrow."

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh?"

She sat with her back on the headboard and he joined her as she told him about what he already knew thanks to his parents, about what had happened that day he lost consciousness, only this time she was included in the story.

"So my family agreed to help and the meeting is tomorrow evening in the House of Wind."

He looked at her, "Why didn't you want me to know you were there that day?"

She opened her mouth, but before she could say anything the door swung open and there stood an illiryan girl with dark brown hair, blue eyes, tanned skin and she looked pissed.

"Oh, no." He said under his breath.

"Are you kidding me right now?!"

"Lizrey, don't." He said to the girl.

Evalin looked over her shoulder at the girl then back at him.

"Unbelievable," She scoffed. "I'm gone for two weeks and you can't keep it in your pants, Archeron?"

"Liz, stop-"

"You know what?! I'm done!" She threw her hands in the air and shook her head. "We're done!" She turned around and slammed the door behind her.

He looked at Evalin who was looking at him with eyes wide, "I...I should go." She got off the bed.

He followed after her, "Evalin, wait." He grabbed her wrist, "It's not what you think."