20- Silver and Forest

Chapter 20: Silver and Forest

*edited*

"What's going on?" Tristan questioned, looking around at the chaotic halls. My eyes flickered back to Professor Mcgonagall who stood beside me, shouting instructions at the prefects.

"Is it the Dark Lord? Or is it him-" I broke off when the Gryffindor Head grabbed Tristan's arm and started leading him away from the crowd.

"What's going on?" I asked desperately, jogging to keep up with her bold strides. She didn't say a single word, even when we reached the headmaster's office.

She quickly recited the password and the gargoyle moved to the side, allowing us to walk inside.

"I don't have time to explain, " She said, walking over to a drawer and shuffling through it. "But I want both of you to leave, right now."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"Sabrina, you are too much of a threat to this school. Collis is after you and you alone. Him attacking Hogwarts is the last thing I want." She explained, a sharp look on her face.

"Getting you away from this school will drive him away from Hogwarts too. And-"

"I get it." I said, determination clear in my voice. "I'll leave."

She gave me a nod. "Tristan will be accompanying you. I need the both of you to find a safe route to the Forbidden Forest, and I want you to look for a lake— the silver lake. And then you will be apparating to her."

She slapped a piece of paper on the desk. I walked over to it and studied it. There was a picture of a young lady, who was smiling brightly at the camera. Beside it was scribbled an address.

"Her name is Cassiopeia Everdeen, she will be keeping you both hidden." Professor Mcgonagall said. "And she will have all the answers you need."

I saw her eyes flicker to my arms where my shadows moved at an incredibly fast pace.

"This is muggle territory." Tristan murmured, studying the address.

"It's going to be harder for Collis to find you if you will be staying in a muggle area." I nodded and looked at Tristan who was already looking at me. He gave me a small nod.

"Let's do this," he whispered.

***

"Here," George whispered. The chilly atmosphere of the empty kitchen and the fading smell of baked goods surrounded us. A cold breeze whirled around us and I shivered slightly.

"Ready?" Tristan whispered beside me. I nodded, not removing my gaze from the open door which led to the school grounds.

Muffled shouts and cries could be heard from afar. The sound of spells being cast filled the grounds and different colours appeared on the dark, night sky.

"Let's move," I whispered, turning to Tristan who gave me a short nod.

"Be safe and make sure no one sees you, okay?" George said, a sad expression on his face. "Good luck."