Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me, what does that mean?" I ask, feeling a bit offended.

"Nothing," he looks to the side, refusing to meet my gaze as the corners of his lips tug upwards.

"For your information, I'm very responsible when it comes to important things," I huff, crossing my arms.

"I didn't say anything," he holds both of his hands up in defense.

"But you wanted to," I protest.

"But I didn't, did I?" He grasps the shelf behind me with one hand, coming to stand right in front of me and I don't answer him, feeling my breathing quicken at the proximity. And not in the bad way.

"Hm?" he places his other hand on the other side of my head, trapping me between him and the shelf.

"You wanted to," I insist in a low voice, almost whispering.

If I faint right now, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Are you nervous?" He asks with a small smirk appearing on his face, his green eyes basically scanning every inch of my face and making sure to make the eye contact last long.

"Um...not really. I'm just...not used to that, that type of proximity."

God why am I such an embarrassment?

"Are you sure?" He tilts his head to the side slightly.

"Yes...kind of. No. Yes. No...no," I breathe out.

Luke's face leans in closer, wiping a couple more inches between us. His green eyes are like two seas with the sun shimmering down on them, giving them that sunlight twinkle. His eyes can literally drown me.

He moves his head to my ear and I shut my eyes tightly, swallowing basically nothing yet feeling like I have a frog in my throat as I feel his warm breath on my neck. "If I wanted to say anything, I would have commented on how nervous I make you," he whispers, his breath fanning my ear and his lips brushing against my neck. The small contact of his lips with my skin sends a swarm of butterflies in my lower abdomen.

Don't faint. Don't faint. Don't faint. Don't faint.

He grabs the book above me, then steps back and sends me a wink. "See you later, Cherries."

Then he walks away and out of the library. Meanwhile, I, Anna Falls, is trying her hardest not to freak out or pee herself. What the heck just happened?

Yup, I'm so going to talk to the girls later. He was starting to confuse me anyways.

| | | |

"Okay, but like she can be really rude sometimes, Sophie," Riley comments, looking at her reflection in the mirror, while wrapping her black hair in a neat bun.

"You're only saying that because she bumped into you and didn't apologize," Sophie defends.

"She hit my boob in process. That crap hurts so much," Riley argues.

"I don't think she's actually into girls," Colette says.

"A girl can dream," Sophie shrugs.

Currently, the girls are talking about Sophie's latest crush. She realized that the opposite gender wasn't really looking up to her, so she moved to the same gender. Yes, Sophie is into girls and guys and I'm so proud of her for coming out to us years ago. She was scared to tell us at first, but when she saw the amount of support we gave her when she told us, all of her fears and worries faded away. Sophie is my best friend and I love her so much not to care about the fact that she's from another race or sexuality or even another planet. I love her for who she is.