15

-Part Two-

April 12th 2016 8:36 AM

April

30. Fuck I'm old.

April had rolled around faster than I had expected it to. One moment, it's all green and a tad bit chilly outside, now it's raining just about every day.

And now it's my birthday. One year older. No longer in my twenties.

Where does the time go?

I finish up my shower, dressing myself in a leather jacket, striped t-shirt, and black skinny jeans (a typical outfit choice for me) and finish up by letting the dogs back in after their morning bathroom break.

"Good morning babies." I said with a giggle, seating myself on the couch as the dogs join me. They stood on their hind legs, showering me in slobbery kisses all through my freshly shaven face.

To most people, this is kind of gross, but it's the only kind of loving affection I get now-a-days.

"Alright babies, I'm sorry but I gotta go to work." I gently nudged them aside so I could stand up and make my way out the door, stopping to glance in the mirror, smirking at myself.

I may be old, but I still look good.

~

Of course, I have to stop by my favorite coffee shop. It is part of my daily routine after all.

I'm also very fond of the barista.

Ryan and I have gotten along so well within these past few months of knowing each other, even though our friendship mainly consists of useless banter in the coffee shop, and even a couple of late night chats after work hours when I've had a long day. Those are the best.

He's the first person I'd really consider a friend in a long, long time.

I walk in the shop and see my favorite worker. He flashes me a smile once he notices my appearance, "Hello Prince Brendon. The usual today?"

"Actually Ryan, I think I'm gonna treat myself today. I am another year older. Get me a large coffee with half and half cream, and..." I peruse the case full of various pastries, "and an everything bagel with avocado please."

"Well, another year older? I must say, you still look like a million bucks." He says with a bright smile, causing me to mimic his motion.

"Why thank you Ryan." I say as I begin to take out my wallet, but Ryan gently placed his hand on mine, "Oh no Brendon, it's on me. Happy birthday." He said with a cheeky grin planted on his face.

I give him a heart-warming smile. A genuine smile. "Thank you Ryan." I say with whole-hearted sincerity.

"Of course. I hope you have a good day."

I feel my cheeks heat up red and my finger tips tremble a bit as I walk away, waiting for my breakfast.

I never realized how lucky I am to have Ryan in my life.

~

Work wasn't anything too interesting. We worked on a few more tracks for the band's album. It's almost done (thank god) and I even helped write some music with them. It was a nice chill day at work.

But now I'm home, the sky blue turning into more of a burnt orange-pinkish color and the clouds were thinning out.

Nature is truly a beautiful thing if you start to look at it for a second instead of being enthralled in some little fantasy world.

I grab the mail from my mail box and look through it. Bills, bills, bills, a birthday card from my mom, and a card from someone I couldn't recognize.

There was no return address so this must have been something just stuck in there personally. No mailman needed.

Poor bastard.

I never got a chance to read the card until I actually got into my house and I had dogs wanting all my giving attention.

I chuckle as I set the mail down on my counter, petting the dogs heading towards the back door to let them out after a long day.

Now that I'm at peace, time to check out my mystery letter.

In very neat and elegant handwriting, the envelop reads 'Prince Brendon'

It is then I know who gave me the card.

I feel a deep red tint form on my cheeks as a grin finds itself creeping on my lips.

I open the envelope to see the card. Written on the inside is what looks to be a handwritten message. A letter almost.

'Brendon,
I know it's only been what, four months since we've met? And already we've had great chemistry, seen each other naked-' he had to bring that up -' and even had a 'big fight'. But even in these four months I think I can tell we have a great friendship going. I'm glad you came into that coffee shop that morning- and every morning since then. If you'd let me, I'd like to take you out for dinner soon. For your birthday of course.
Here's to many more months of friendship, hopefully more years.
Happy Birthday Brendon
-Ryan'

Who knew Ryan was so eloquently spoken through paper? I knew there was something charming about him he didn't like sharing. This is sweet.

And the fact that he personally delivered this to my mailbox is also very sweet. Damn he's good.

I'd love to accept his offer. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow morning.

I set the letter aside, as a keepsake, and grab my laptop to do something productive. Check emails, and more of that boring work.

Yet, while I was in the middle of my work, very diligent work I might add, when I had a very heart wrenching notification pop up.

'Sarah Urie would like to facetime'

{A/N:

:0

heyo i'm back w this.

ya like that cliffhanger? infinity war who? endgame who? idk i haven't seen endgame yet (tonight though. i'm so excited)

also i see idkhow on tuesday and that makes me super excited!!! and i graduate next month holy hell

everything is happening so fast.

don't forget to smile :D

~J }