9

January 14th 2016 8:45 AM

The day after I found Ryan in my bed was the third morning in a row I didn't go to the coffee shop. How could I? Are Ryan and I expected to just totally forget everything that happened? It's not like I exactly remember it... but I know it happened. That's all that matters.

I drove straight from my house to the studio. My caffeine craving be damned.

I walked in to the studio, not bothering to take my sunglasses off, and saw Spencer sitting there. We haven't really 'reconciled' per se. I haven't talked to him since our argument. I haven't even shown up to work. I'm sure it'll be a surprise to him that I'm here-

"Brendon." I hear Spencer call from the doorway. I get tense.

I turn around and slip my sunglasses off to get a good look at him. He looks the same. Then again, it's only been a few days since we've seen each other.

After I didn't say anything, Spencer broke the ice, "quite a surprise to see you here." He shrugged putting his hands in his jean pockets.

I still didn't say anything. Couldn't find the right words. Instead, I just cleared my throat "y-yeah, yeah. Life got pretty boring, so I decided to come back here and see what was going on. How's the album doing?"

Spencer looked down. Doesn't seem like the topic he wanted to discuss.

"Um, it's going pretty good I guess. We just have a few more tracks to track," he shrugged "then we to edit, mix it all, you know the drill."

"Well that's good." he chuckled nervously  ,"guess you didn't really need me."

"It's been pretty hectic. Kinda wanted you here." He smiled in defeat.

"Look, I'm sorry about everything I said. I was just upset and feeling egotistical. You didn't de-"

He held his hand up cutting me off," don't worry about it bud."

I smiled and just went over and hugged him, and with no hesitation, he hugged me back.

Spencer walked over to the studio, "come sit with me. The band isn't supposed to be here today. I'll show you the tracks we've worked on."

I smiled and finally took my sunglasses off and followed him to the studio.

"I think my favorite one so far is-" he looked up and to me and once he saw my face, his face grew shock, "what's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your eyes are red and.. you look exhausted."

I widened my eyes. I knew I felt hungover, what i didn't know, is that it was obvious.

"Oh yeah.. I went to a bar last night, got really drunk and now I'm hungover." I shrugged like it was no big deal. I moved to the seat across from Spencer's.

Spencer just looked at me with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms, "Are you kidding me? You never go out drinking. You always say how your 'perfect body shouldn't be harmed by alcohol' " he said sassily.

"I'm a changed man, Smith."

Spencer looked me up and down and sat in the chair, "Alright Brendon. Have you slept with anyone?"

My face dropped and I looked over to him, hoping my nervousness didn't
show. Damn this man can see right through me. I hate that.

"Alright. Yes, I had a one night stand. But that was a couple of nights ago."

"Let me guess, was it with..." he looked up as if it was a game he was playing with himself, "a dude?"

I looked down and nodded.

"Oh no... was it someone you know?"

I waited for a minute and slowly nodded.

"Oh no... it was the coffee shop guy wasn't it?"

I wanted to drop it and looked over to the mixing board with the listed tracks, "so which one did you was your favorite?"

"Oh my god it was wasn't it."

I sighed in annoyance "Look can we please not talk about it? I'm already embarrassed enough and avoiding it as much as I can." I looked down to the music.

Spencer shook his head still smiling "yeah.. alright I'm sorry. I won't talk about it anymore."

"Thank you..."

And with that, we worked on the album some more, not discussing it once more.

{A/N: hello it me.

whoops.

yes i have returned from a much needed month long break.

But to sum everything up, I turned 16, my girlfriend and I have been together 2 months, and I decided to start using my first name. So from now on I'm gonna sign off differently.

but it's good to be back. I missed you guys a lot <3

Don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }