10

January 15th 2016 8:24 AM

I was getting ready for work that morning, when I got an unexpected knock on my door.

I gave a confused look towards the wooden piece and slowly opened the door.

It was Ryan.

I swallowed nervously, "hey.. hey Ryan." he cleared his throat.

"Can I come in?" He asked in a cold tone and walked in, before he even let me answer.

"Um.. sure." I shrugged shutting the door. He found his way to my dining table and sit, "Talk to me Brendon."

I did what he told me and sat on the other side of the table.

He stared at me. The coldness in his eyes felt like it was physically burning into my chest. I didn't like it.

"So.. you're not gonna say anything?"

"What is there to say?"

"I'd expect you would stop by and grab a coffee this morning, and say hi to me like you always do... or used to, I should say." He crossed his arms, that cold stare not leaving.

"Well... I didn't know if you'd want to see me."

"Of course I'd want to see you. Who do you think I am, somebody who doesn't call after a one night stand?" He used the words that I really didn't want to hear. Damn him.

"Well.. I do like you. A lot." I told him in a shaky voice. His expression changed a bit. It looked more, shocked and slightly hurt. It wasn't cold like it was before.

"Oh.." he finally said after a few seconds of silence.

"Maybe I did want something to happen between us." I continued. "But, that's not what I wanted to happen. I respect you too much to let that happen between us." I sighed standing up. I don't even understand what I'm saying now.

"I understand." He said after being quiet, again, for a few seconds.

I look up and at him in disbelief, "you.. do?"

"Yep." he stood up "You like me so much, and when you finally got me in bed, you never wanted to see me again. I get it Brendon." He said casually, but he still had a bitter tone coating his voice.

I sighed, "no.. that's not at all what I wanted." I said walking towards him. He stepped back.

"I couldn't look at you after that night. I felt such shame." I looked him in the eye. I had tears filling.

He looked guilty. He sat back down, "so... you like me, more than a way you want to sleep with me."

I was quiet for a hot minute. Longer than expected.

Do I? I can't even tell what emotions I'm feeling about anyone anymore.

Come on Brendon. Say something, whatever you say can't be that bad...

"Yes...?" I say plainly, with a questionable tone at the end.

Ryan nodded and didn't respond. He didn't look at me. Why would he? I don't blame him.

"I'm... I'm gonna have to go Brendon." he stood up, "My shift is about to start at the coffee shop." he said blatantly.

I look at him and nod "Oh, yes of course." I walked towards the door and opened it for him.

Ryan followed me, and looked at me, before walking out the door "Bye Brendon." and he walked out.

I turned to look over at him "I'll see you tomorrow.." I called out. He didn't respond. Not like I was expecting one.

I sighed and looked at the mirror. Damn. Now would be a great time for my over-self confidence.

{A/N: hello it me.

whoops sorry this is a short chapter.

I didn't know what to write  ¯\__/¯

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }