Chapter 28

Chapter 28

{Lucy P.O.V.}

“Are you going to have a birthday party this year, Luc?” Scott asked as Stiles drove us home from school.

“I figured I would probably just have a small get together, not a huge party or anything.” I answered. I never liked doing my birthdays big like some girls do.

“Who all are you going to invite?” Stiles asked.

“Well I was thinking along the lines of You, Scott, Allison, Jen, and Jackson..” I said.

“Why Jackson?” Stiles questioned. He sounded kind of jealous. It was quite adorable actually.

“We’re friends. He’s helped me a lot, even though he did try to kidnap me and all.”

Stiles sighed and tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

“Chill Stiles, Lucy can have guy friends. Even if they are assholes.” Scott mumbled the last part.

“Don’t forget he blackmailed us too.” Stiles murmured.

Scott gave Stiles a questioning stare. Oh right, we never told Scott about the Jackson photo thing.

Stiles pulled into Scott and I’s driveway then cut the engine off.

“So what do you want for your birthday, babe?” Stiles asked as he lazily draped his arm around my shoulder.

“You don’t have to get me anything.” I said. How cliché of me to tell my boyfriend to not get me anything for my birthday. Wait, is Stiles my boyfriend? He never really asked me to be his girlfriend but it seems like a given though.

“All girls say that!” Stiles protested.

“Yeah, because you’ve had so much experience with girls.” I said sarcastically.

“Hey! I’ve had tons of experience with the ladies! I practically have to beat them off with a stick.” Stiles said.

I couldn’t help but laugh at that. Have I mentioned how much I love this boy?

--

(skip ahead to the weekend.)

“Lucy McCall! What brings you here at this hour?” Sheriff Stilinski asked as he glanced at his watch and let me inside.

“Just thought I’d come wake up your son on this beautiful Saturday morning!” I chirped.

“It’s barely 7 a.m. you know that, right?” Sheriff said.

“Mhmm!”

“You are lucky that Stiles likes you so much or else he would probably kick you out!” Sheriff and I laughed.

“I have some work things to handle and errands to run so you two have fun. Not too much fun, if you get what I’m saying.”

I uncomfortably laughed then Sheriff Stilinski walked out laughing and waved at me.

Awkward.

Stiles’ dad has been making those kinds of comments ever since he walked in on Stiles and I that one time.

I walked up the stairs to go to Stiles’ room and carefully opened his door. I immediately saw his sleeping figure sprawled out across his bed. How cute.

I took this opportunity to snoop around his room. I wouldn’t classify it as snooping, just admiring the habits of a teenage boy.

I looked on his messy desk and saw papers sprawled out everywhere. Most of them were half- done school assignments and other articles. A picture taped to the wall above his desk caught my attention. I pulled the picture off the wall to get a closer look.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was a picture of me. I smiled at the picture then looked over at the sleeping boy.

How did I get so lucky?

I made my way over to his bed and silently slipped off my tennis shoes. I climbed in beside him and just watched him sleep. Not in a creepy way, but in a loving way.

I sat like that for 5 minutes then decided he needed to get his ass up.

I nudged him with my socked foot but he didn’t move at all.

Be like that then.

“Wake up, Stiles!” I shouted.

He stirred but didn’t seem to wake any. He obviously wants a rude awakening.

I grabbed a bottle of water off his desk and poured it all over his head.

His eyes shot open and he sat straight up. He was gasping for air and flailing around his head trying to get untangled from the sheets. He looked like a fish out of water.

“What the hell Jen!” He yelled. His eyes darted around the room looking for the culprit. I was standing in his doorway smirking at him when his eyes rested upon me.

I shook the empty bottle teasingly at him then threw it in his trashcan.

“Pretty sure I’m not Jen.” I said.

He flopped back down on his damp bed. “Seriously, Lucy? It’s like-“ He paused and looked over at his alarm clock. “7 a.m. on a SATURDAY?!” he exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders and sat down in his desk chair. “I went on an early morning hike then decided to come bug you.”

“You are lucky I love you.”

I giggled and said, “I know.”

He went to his bathroom, then led me down the stairs.

“Where did my dad go?” Stiles asked.

“He told me he had work stuff to do.” I shrugged.

“It’s Saturday though.” He mumbled to himself.

--

Stiles and I decided neither of us felt like cooking so we went and woke Jen up to cook for us.

“You two are the laziest people I have ever met.” She grumbled as she cracked an egg and put it in the frying pan.

She still had her pajamas on and her hair looked like a rat’s nest, sticking up in every direction.

Stiles rolled his eyes at her. She walked over to us at the table and scraped the eggs onto all of our plates.

We made light conversation throughout the meal then Jen asked, “What’s your brother doing?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t bother to check when I left this morning. I assumed he was still asleep since it was early.”

Jen nodded her head then Stiles’ phone started ringing.

“Hello?” He said.

“Hey, Scott. What’s up?” Stiles said.

“Hold on! Scott, slow down! What happened?” Stiles asked.

I exchanged a curious glance with Jen as we listened to Stiles’ side of the conversation.

“A what?!” He exclaimed.

Stiles’ eyes widened as he said, “A murder?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i feel like this chapter is rubbish (oooh british terminology!) but who cares? oh well, deal with it.

This story recently reached 13,000 reads! INSANE ASS SHIT.

so i love you all for reading this story and Behind The Scenes!