Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Lucy P.O.V.

“All of this over you, huh?” Jen commented. I didn’t acknowledge her, just sat on the hospital bench staring ahead. Replaying everything in my head.

“I have to say, you seem to be taking this quite well.” Jen smirked.

“You don’t know shit.” I snapped.

She raised her hands in defense as she took the seat beside me. “I was just trying to get you to talk to me.”

I blocked out what she went on to say, my mind flashing back to the events that took place just a couple hours ago.

I jumped out of my seat in the bleachers and ran over to where a crowd of people was huddled around the scene.

Isaac was in fact, on top of Stiles and pounding punch after punch into Stiles’ face. Coach yelled at Isaac trying to stop him but he wasn’t listening. He was completely tuned out of reality. Several people tried to pry Isaac off of Stiles, but their attempts were failed. Isaac was stronger than them.

I noted the fact that their helmets had been removed sometime during all of this.

Stiles’ face was beginning to bruise already and he had blood all over his face. I can’t just sit here and let him take that. Even if we are in a weird time in our relationship, I still love him.

“ISAAC!” I yelled, in hopes he would stop. Seeing as nothing was easy for me, he didn’t. I got closer to the boys and put a hand on Isaac’s shoulder and tried to pull him off of Stiles. “Stop it Isaac! You’re killing him!” I said between sobs. Isaac just brushed my hand off and continued pounding into Stiles. Stiles’ only movements were when Isaac’s fist collided with his face.

“Isaac!” Scott shoved people out of the way. “Dude! Stop it!”

When Isaac didn’t stop, Scott yelled even louder. “ISAAC!”

This seemed to snap Isaac out of whatever trance he was in and he suddenly backed off of Stiles and stumbled backwards.

He looked over to me and gave me a apologetic look, to which I glared back and kneeled beside Stiles.

I shook his shoulders trying to make him come back to consciousness.

“What the hell happened here?” A male voice boomed, causing the crowd of onlookers to disperse quickly.

“Stiles? Oh my god!” The voice turned out to belong to Sheriff Stilinski.

“Lucy, who did this?” Sheriff frantically asked me.

I didn’t reply, just stared at Stiles’ lifeless body on the ground whilst silent tears flowed down my face.

Sheriff mumbled into the walkie talkie then said, “ An ambulance is on it’s way right now. I want to know who the hell did this to my son right now!”

Coach motioned for Sheriff to come over to him a couple feet away from me. They talked in hushed tones and glanced over to Stiles and I every so often.

I just held onto Stiles’ hand and observed his beaten and bloody face.

“Take him into custody.” Sheriff ordered. Two deputies made their way over to Isaac and turned him around put him into handcuffs.

I quickly made my way over to Sheriff.

“Why are you arresting him?” I asked, my voice rising slightly.

“Did you not just see what happened, Lucy? He has to be taken in for questioning.” Sheriff said.

I looked over to the cop car and saw Isaac looking over at me. He had the same look on his face that he had the other night in the motel. He was a completely different person than the person who was relentlessly beating my boyfriend up just a mere 10 minutes ago.

My flashback was interrupted when I saw Sheriff come out of a room and stand with his hand on the back of his neck.

I quickly stood up and asked, “Is he going to be okay?”

Sheriff just looked at me with sad eyes.