Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Stiles P.O.V.

“So, um, how have things been going around your house lately?” I asked Scott. I hope that wasn’t too weird of a question and he won’t figure out I really just want to know how Lucy is doing. And if Isaac has been with her any.

I don’t trust him with her. He’s a werewolf so his hormones are triple that of a normal teenage boy. With his past, there’s no telling what he would do to her if he got angry.

“Is this your weird way of asking about Lucy?” Scott bluntly said.

Shit. Was I that obvious?

“No! With all that’s going on, you know the murders and stuff, we never get to just talk.” I lied. Kind of.

“Even though I know you are lying through your teeth, I’m going to tell you how Lucy is doing since you are too proud to ask.” Scott gave me a crooked grin.

“She’s been a lot happier than she has been since everything that happened.” Scott said.

“Why’s that?” I asked, secretly hoping I was why she was happy.

“I don’t know man. I don’t keep up with every aspect of my little sister’s life. All I know is that she and Isaac have been hanging out everyday, even though she knows I don’t approve of their friendship.” Scott shrugged as he pointed to Lucy.

I hadn’t even noticed she moved seats on the bus and was now sitting beside Isaac. They were sitting on the opposite side of the bus. Not even close to Scott and I, but Danny was sitting in front of them.

I quickly got out my phone and texted Danny; “Find out what Lucy and Isaac are talking about.”

I stared at Danny until he read the message. He turned to look at me and shook his head no.

I texted him again. “Please. Just do it.”

He looked back at me and texted back saying no.

I repeatedly texted him over and over telling him to do it until he gave in.

Several minutes later my phone buzzed.

She’s telling him how apparently she heard Coach say that since we aren’t going to make it to the cross country meet in time, we’re staying in a creepy motel for the night.”

---

Lucy P.O.V.

“We’re going to head home in the morning. Choose your roommate wisely.” Coach said while he handed out keys.

“And keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!” Coach yelled out.

Allison and I decided that we were going to share a room tonight, seeing as we are basically the only girls on this dumb field trip.

“I’m going to go see Isaac, you gonna be okay here by yourself?” I asked Allison.

“Yeah, have fun. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” She winked at me.

“Shut up!” I said as I left.

“What a dump.” I said to myself as I walked down the hallway.

I suddenly felt myself being pulled into a room.

“What the hell?” I yelled out.

A warm hand was put over my mouth to keep me quiet. “Shh.” The person said.