Chapter 27

Chapter 27

{Lucy P.O.V.}

“Your ability to shop for hours on end is still shocking after all these years.” Jen commented from behind me. She had been lagging behind me for half of this shopping trip.

“Oh c’mon, I’m not even shopping that hard.” I said. Jen was working up a sweat just from my light shopping. So far, I’ve only gotten 5 bags….per hand. Maybe I was a little addicted to buying things, sue me?

“You know I don’t work out! I’m nowhere near in shape, I don’t see how you can stand to walk around this whole mall in wedges!” She said, motioning to my shoes.

I stuck my tongue out at her. “So, do you want to have a girl’s night tonight? I can invite Allison over and watch some movies or something.” I suggested.

Jen scrunched her face up and shook her head. “I think I’ll pass on that. Besides, I think you should buy a new dress and get all dolled up.”

“…To stay at home alone?”

“Uh sure. You never know, there might be a hot guy on tv.”

“You are honestly one of the worst liars I’ve ever met. There might be a hot guy on tv? Seriously?”

Jen looked down at her phone then smiled. “Hey! Let’s go in this store!”

I shrugged and followed her inside the store.

We shuffled through the racks and I picked out a couple of dresses. I tried to avoid most of the dresses Jen picked out for me. I mean, I love the girl to death but, she has no sense of style whatsoever!

“What about this one?” She said while holding up a dress that was obviously meant for a pregnant woman.

“That’s not my size..” I said. “Besides, I think I’m going to try these ones on.”

I made my way to the dressing rooms, Jen following. She sat down on a chair outside of the dressing rooms to wait for me.

I tried on all of the dresses, none of them standing out to me. I came to the last dress in my pile. It was a blue strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. I put it on and was instantly amazed by it. It came to about mid-thigh and looked really great against my light skin.

I walked out of the dressing room to show Jen. I was shocked to see Jen sitting in her chair arms crossed, glaring at Alina. They both looked over at me. Alina gave me a dirty look then smirked while walking away.

“What was that about?” I asked Jen.

“That was nothing. Let’s talk about this dress!”

--

This. Is. So. Stupid.