Chapter 42

*I just wanted to say that parts of this chapter are taken from the episode Motel California and that I do not own them and do not take credit for it in any way. All rights go to Jeff Davis and the rest of the crew!*

Chapter 42

Lucy P.O.V.

"Hey." I said. "What are you doing here?"

"You said 20 minutes ago that you would be back in 10 minutes...I was worried." Stiles said, scratching the back of his neck.

"STILES!" A female yelled from the parking lot. It was Allison.

"What?" He yelled back.

"It's Scott! He needs you!" She replied. Stiles gave me an apologetic look and ran off.

I got the feeling I wasn't being told the entire truth. Something weird was definitely going on. I got the eerie feeling and didn't feel safe standing in the hallway alone.

Before my mind could process what was going on, my feet were taking me in the direction Stiles went in. My curiosity was getting the better of me, I had to know what was going on.

I stopped a few feet away when I saw Stiles and Allison frantically running down the stairs.

"He has doused himself in gasoline! Stiles, I think he's going to kill himself." Stiles stopped dead in his tracks when Allison said this.

"Oh my god." He said as he started running towards a figure standing in front of the bus that I hadn't noticed before. Scott.

The news that my big brother wanted to kill himself hit me like a ton of bricks. As annoying as he can be, I knew I couldn't lose him. I can't go on without my brother.

I quickly jogged down the stairs and creeped behind cars to get closer to the scene in front of me.

"Scott?" Allison said, now standing in front of a dripping Scott. He was holding a lit flare to his side.

"There's no hope." Scott began. Allison shook her head no and told him there is always hope.

"Not for me. Not for Derek." Scott stated. "He wasn't your fault, Scott." Allison said.

"Everytime I try to fight back, it gets worse. People keep getting hurt because of me."

"Scott, listen to me. This isn't you. This is someone inside of your head telling you to do this." Stiles told him.

"What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else?" Scott began. "It all started that night I got bitten. Do you remember the way it was before that? You and me?" Stiles nodded his head.

I hadn't noticed that I subconsciously stood up and was now standing to the side of them, my hand over my mouth to cover the cries that were threatening to escape. I had tears running down my face already.

"We, we were nobodies. We were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. I didn't have a girlfriend. You were still pining over my sister in silence. Lucy was dating Jackson. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all." Scott started to move the flare towards himself.

"Scott just listen to me." Stiles said as he took a step towards Scott. I could tell by Stiles' voice that he was about to cry.

"You're not no one. You're someone." Stiles started, "Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother."

Stiles took another step towards Scott, to where they were both standing in puddles of gas.

"So, if you're going to do this then," Stiles grabbed the flare in Scott's hand. "You're just going to have to take me with you."

Scott was crying. I had never seen my brother cry before.

Stiles grabbed the flare from his hand and threw it away from them. I watched as it landed dangerously close to one of the puddles of gas. The flare seemed to move by force to the puddle thus catching on fire.

"NO!" I screamed running towards the boys and pushing them and Allison away from the explosion.

---

I woke up in an uncomfortable position with a boy's armpit in my face.

"I really do not want to know. But in case you missed the announcement, the meet is cancelled. We're heading home. Pack it in." Coach said in his normal tone of voice. Which was screaming.

"Isaac! Get your armpit out of my face!" I said, pushing him away from me.

How the hell I ended up sleeping on this bus was beyond me. I looked around and saw that Scott, Stiles, Allison, Isaac, and I had all slept here. What the hell happened last night?

"What happened last night?" Isaac asked me, rubbing his eyes.

"No idea." I mumbled.

I saw that Stiles was in the seat across from mine. "Be right back." I told Isaac and quickly moved beside Stiles.

"Hey babe." Stiles yawned.

"What happened last night?" I sharply asked him.

"No good morning kiss?" He faked a hurt look.

I wasn't in the mood for it. I gave him the look and he knew to answer my question.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing for you to worry about. Thank you for pushing us out of the way of the explosion though." He kissed my cheek. I literally cannot stay mad at this boy.

"I know you can't stay mad at me." He smirked. Crap. I was thinking out loud again.

"It's cute when you think out loud." He smiled. I went to kiss him on his cheek but he turned his head at the last moment causing our lips to meet.

I smiled against his lips as I kissed him back.

"McCall! Stilinski! Stop eating each other's faces, I'm going to throw up." Coach yelled from the front of the bus.

I blushed a deep red and sunk lower in my seat.

I decided it would be best if I didn't sit beside Stiles on the way home as we would probably end up doing a lot of that. I moved back to sit beside Isaac.

"Oh, come on! Not that one too! Can we keep it PG on this bus, please?" Coach moaned.

As if my blush couldn't get any deeper, it did.

"Hey! No,no she's with me!" Stiles yelled out.

I gave him a pointed look. We were technically not together.

Coach mumbled something from the front of the bus along the lines of "Stupid, polyamorous kids."