Raya | Chap 10

Toby's POV

It had to be around 3 in the morning when I went downstairs to answer the door, knife in hand.

There was screaming and loud knocking. I slowly opened it and there was a girl, probably no older than a child past kindergarten who was bruised and scratched up.

"Please! Help me! He's gonna kill me!" she grabbed my shirt and cried.

"W-who..?" I groaned, looking out the door.

"A man! I..I don't know him!"

All of a sudden, I heard a man's yelling.

"Stay in here..I'll go see.." I whispered to her. She nods and I went to pull on some shoes.

I feel a large and heavy thing tackle me to the ground, out of reflex, I stabbed it.

It, was a man.

I stabbed his arm and he growled, howling in pain.

"Get off of me!" I kicked. He rolled off to the side. There was a street light on, the only way I could see.

He tried tackling me again and I ran to the side.

I planted the knife into his back and jerked it out again. Then into his neck. He fell to the ground in a pile of blood.

( underlined/slant is Toby thinking, Italic is his voices) :) )

Fuck, now I gotta get Masky to help.

UuuUUgh.

Pick it up yourself you dumb shit.

To weak aren't ya?

And lazy.

I went inside and put the knife in the sink, then went to the girl after wiping my face off.

When I knelt to her, she was crying her eyes out and whispering.

"Hey..it's okay..he's gone." I said softly.

"P-promise?" she sniffed.

I nod, "Mhm-m..he's g-gone-n." I wipe her cheek.

"I'll go get someone to help me with all of th-this-s.." I stood up and brought her to the couch.

She sat down.

I went upstairs and went to get Masky. He was asleep. When I flicked on the light he groaned.

"Wake up Sleepy head!" I poked him.

"Whhhhmm.."

"There's a girl. In the house. It's a k-kid-d. I also killed a man. S-so help-p." I grabbed his arm.

He sat up slowly and rubbed his eye.

"What in the god damn do you mean?" he looked at me.

"Oh..well.." Masky yawned. He said that after seeing the blood on me.

"Go clean up, I got the body.."

I told him where it was and then left for the bathroom.

Masky's POV

Yawn.

I dragged the body away from our house, making sure no trails of blood were there.

Then I went back to the young girl and leaned down to her.

"Hi there," I said quietly to her.

She doesn't say anything for a little, just waves.

"Hi.." she whispered.