05 | hanahaki disease

"MY SOULMATE CAN'T BE A GUY!!" The voice screamed out of anger.

You just stared at the figure, tears at the brink of your eyes. Your soulmate, Bakugou Katsuki, was screaming at the top of his lungs. At this point, you weren't even listening at what Bakugou was ranting at.

"This can't be, I'm not gay, you're just a fucking guy that's pranking me right? This can't be, I can't fucking love you! I WON'T!" Bakugou screamed while tugging at his hair.

"I get it," You spoke softly.

"I get you can't 'fucking love me'," tears started cascading down your rosy cheeks as you stared at the boy in front of you.

Bakugou felt pains in his chest as he stared at you. Your eyes were a puffy red. So many tears were falling down as he realized he was the reason. He turned around from you, pains only growing as he realized he couldn't be around you.

"Hey, (Y/N) do me a favor," Bakugou spoke coldy, a new tone that you were surprised by.

"Yeah?"

"Don't ever talk to me again"

...

Three years ago did that happen. You only grew sick as you kept your distance from him. During those three years you had been diagnosed with the Hanahaki Disease. The doctor spoke these exact words toward you as you were sitting in a chair with an iv in your arm, you're eyes drooping from no sleep.

"When you meet your soulmate, a flower seed is planted in your heart. Too have a healthy flower, it must be loved, cared for and have attention like any relationship. But, if you don't get any of that from your soulmate and you still love them, the flower starts to wilt and cause you to "throw up" the wilting petals," the doctor explained while looking over your medical papers.

"Can it be removed?" You questioned.

"Yes it can, but if it were to be removed you will no longer be capable to feel the emotion love for another person," the doctor answered.

"Oh," You breathed out a sigh.

"I can give you medication though to stop the pain and slowly delay the whole thing if you want. There's no guarantee that it will stop the pain entirely, but it will delay the whole disease,"

"I'll take it,"

"This is bullshit, it doesn't even delay the disease god damnit," You threw the bottle of the empty medication as you dropped down onto your bed. Petals of different flowers were scattered across your room, tears pooling down your face as more piled out of your mouth.

"Damnit Katsuki, I could be happy if you just loved me back," You whispered underneath your breath.

You got up finally and grabbed another container of the pills and stuffed them in your backpack. You lazily put on the U.A uniform and slipped on the shoes. You grabbed your backpack, slouching as you exited your room.

"Morning sweetie," (Y/M/N) said with a cheery smile.

You paid no attention to her as you left for school. You were silent in your class and kinda an outcast. No one talked to you anymore and you just didn't seem to care. You're school day passed rather quickly and you were just walking out of the school gates as you passed a group of people.

"Oh my god! I just met my soulmate today!" a girl screamed as she held the other girl close to her chest.

"It's a girl? Are you okay with that?" The boy looked at the two, out of disgust.

"Why wouldn't I? I love her, she loves me, it doesn't matter whether she's a girl or not she was meant for me!" The girl argued back.