CHAPTER 5 - No Reaction

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Great. The guy whom she doesn't want to see at the moment.

***

Dara's POV

I can't look at him! Oh my God, what should I do? How should I act? How should I greet him? How's my hair?!

MUST.CALM.DOWN.

Jiro occupied the space next to mine instead of sitting in front of me. I was hyperventilating like crazy as he began eating his lunch, ignoring the murmurs around us that are mostly pertaining to him who chose to sit with a mere mortal like me.

Oh gosh, does he still remember when I kissed him? Of course, he does! But he's acting like it's not really a big deal. Right, it's not a big deal. So, I must act cool. I'm cool.

"W-Where are your...friends?" I stuttered. Like an IDIOT.

"In our turf."

ACCKK!! HE'S TOTALLY THINKING ABOUT THE KISS!!

"Just eat, Ramirez. You still have a class after lunch", he said without even glancing at me.

Hesitantly, I began eating. I can't even taste my sandwich as the other students are openly gawking at us. I was busy drowning in my own sea of misery when suddenly, Jiro hovered a fries in front of my mouth.

"Eat", he said. I absentmindedly opened my mouth and accepted the food. Of course, an explosion of reactions was heard all around us.

Our eyes locked and my heart pounded in an unfamiliar beat when his gaze fell on my lips. I felt a bit lightheaded as he gingerly lifted his arm and wiped my lips with the back of his hand. "You're so messy", he stated. I was breathing through my mouth as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Eat and just ignore them", he continued. "They can gawk at you and gossip but if they do anything that will harm you, they will answer to me."

The other students immediately shifted their gazes, pretending to be engrossed with something else when they were just watching us a while ago. They obviously heard Jiro's threat.

"I'm fine. I told you there's no need to protect me." I mumbled. Jiro did not utter a word as he continued with his lunch, ignoring what I said.

"Jiro.." I softly called out.

"Hmm?"

"W-What did your friends say? I mean, what did the Black Dragons say?"

"About what?"

"About me."

"Nothing", he stated boredly.

"You did not say anything to them?"

"I told them I owe a lot to your father. So if you're not under my watch, they need to make sure you're safe."

"It sounded as if I'm a big responsibility to you." I said. Again, he did not respond.

I hung my head low and took a bite from my sandwich, hiding the disappointment that crossed my face. I guess I'll forever be a neighborhood kiddo in his eyes. And he's not thinking about the kiss at all. I hate to admit it, but it sucks.

***

"I heard you had lunch with Ice Lord", Namee teased, entering Dara's classroom with no one's permission.

"Stop calling him Ice Lord. His name is Jiro Montencillo", Dara grumbled while briskly stuffing her things inside her bag. The class has ended, which means the time has come for Namee to make an appearance and annoy the living crap out of her.

"Did something happen?" Namee asked, sensing her foul mood.

"Nothing. Nothing happened." She immediately bolted out of the classroom, leaving her curious friend behind.

Feeling slightly rebellious, Dara opted to exit through the back gate. She knew Jiro is waiting at the front entrance, just like before, and she doesn't want to deal with him at the moment. At first, she was happy that he waits for her every day and walks her to her house. But their conversation earlier made her realize something. A responsibility – that's what she is.

She was watching her steps as she walked slowly out of the school. As expected, Jiro was not at the back gate. So many thoughts were running through her mind when suddenly, an arm draped on her shoulder.

"Hello, missy. Do you want some company?" the thug wearing a different school uniform smirked at her. Dara gasped and wiggled free from his grasp. She took a step back and collided with another body. When she spun around, another thug was standing near her. Her eyes widened in terror as other guys began walking towards her, blocking her path.

'Jiro!' Her mind screamed.

Writer's Note:

Thank you for your comments in the previous chaps! They're very inspiring! I'm spazzing with all of you!! ^_^

Thank you to the chap banners mainechuaco, LeeiiPandaTabi, gemisVIP!

huntress