CHAPTER 5 - No Reaction

Start from the beginning

 Bonsai sat on the window pane beside Jiro and lightly kicked his foot to get his attention. "Yo. Why are you so concerned about that new girl?"

"I made a promise to her father." Jiro said simply, not even glancing at him.

"So, she's like a family to you? Like us?" Bonsai asked and grunted in pain when Picaro appeared beside him and lightly punched his arm.

"Stop gossiping like a girl and leave Ice Lord alone", Picaro said. "Be annoying somewhere else."

All of a sudden, one of their gang members came barging in, panting heavily from running. "Jiro, one of our brothers was beaten by the new gang downtown!"

"Ohhhh. They got some balls, huh?" Bonsai cracked his knuckles while grinning like a madman.

Jiro abruptly stood up and walked towards the door, his members immediately following him from behind. He did not even utter a word but the Black Dragons knew what needs to be done – they are going to do some serious ass-kicking.

***

"The Black Dragons destroyed their turf!"

"I heard Ice Lord beat the shit out of the gang's leader."

"Serves them right. How stupid of them to cross someone from our school."

"The three strongest gangs are actually the ones protecting the students of InterSAT." Dara jerked back in surprise upon hearing Namee's voice from behind. Seriously, how the hell can she pop up just about anywhere? It's like a secret art. Magic? Kung fu? Ninja technique?

"Dara!"

"Ouch!" Dara covered her right ear after her friend directly shouted at it.

"You're zoning out again. You're not listening to me", Namee complained, linking her arm with her as they both walked towards the cafeteria. "Anyway, I'm sure you've heard that the Black Dragons crushed the new gang downtown that beat one of their members. That's a good excuse for you to kiss your Jiro again. Congratulatory kiss?"

Dara nudged Namee lightly and snarled at her. "He's not my Jiro. And can you please stop mentioning the...the.."

"The kiss? The kiss?"

"Namee!"

With a soft laugh, Namee started walking backwards while talking to her. "I have remedial classes so I won't be able to join you for lunch. I'll just annoy you later. Don't miss me too much, alright?"

"I won't. Get out of my life."

"Awww, so grumpy. Do you want a kiss? Chuuu~" She puckered her lips and waved her goodbye before running out of sight. Dara slightly shook her head and smiled. Namee can be a real pain sometimes but she's a fun company.

After getting her food, Dara sat in an empty table at the cafeteria and tried to ignore the curious stares of the other students. She stiffened when she heard the words kiss, Ice Lord and new student from the low whispers of those around her. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they're talking about. It seems she'll never get out of the limelight any time soon.

With a sigh, she grabbed her drink and tried to open the cap. She was already using all her strength but the darn drink won't open. Either she's too weak or Jiro's fangirls are casting some kind of voodoo on her to make her day miserable.

A hand suddenly snatched the bottle from her. Dara lifted her gaze and her eyes widened when she saw Jiro standing near her. He opened the bottle and handed it back, looking at her with his usual blank stare.