Chapter 5.

"Yet another young woman has gone missing. Ariana Nathans disappeared two nights ago and no body has been found—"

The TV was cut off by Harry snatching the remote and pressing his index finger to the power button. Blackness took over the screen. Carter looked over at Harry before he tossed the remote on the couch beside his girlfriend. She didn't question him whenever he got stressed, for she had been slightly frightened to. Her fists pulled the blanket that was over her body closer to her chest. She looked down at the carpet floor and bit her lip. She especially didn't want to question it since it had been one of Harry's close friends; so she remained silent.

The date was May 11, 1978. It had been less than a month since the disappearance of Whitney Young and Carter was a little upset that news channels and reporters stopped talking about her. She bit her lip and looked at the black screen before turning her head to look at Harry. "Baby?" She asked in a calm tone.

"Yes, honey?" Harry's back was turned as he was reading the newspaper, hunched over the countertop with a mug of coffee in his hands. Just the sight of his back muscles looked so beautiful to Carter. She stood up and made her way towards him, her cheeks flushing red. She stood beside him and rubbed his back trying to relax him. She placed her free hand onto his bicep that seemed a little tense. She moved her hands to his chest to unbutton the shirt he had on. Harry watched her with his complete attention, smirking subtly. She smirked back up at him in response and took his shirt off for him, examining his toned, tattooed chest. She took his shirt and put it on over her own, half bare body.

"I got a little cold," She spoke innocently, teasing him in the slightest. Harry rolled his eyes with a smile plastered onto his face. He lifted Carter up and onto the counter, squeezing her thighs as she had been in only Harry's shirt and a pair of panties, along with a lace bra under the shirt she took from Harry. He caressed the girl's cheeks and kissed her cheeks with his soft, wet lips.

"You're such a tease, ya know that?" Harry chuckled against her jawline while pressing deep kisses to her sensitive skin. His hands moved up the shirt she had on, making his way towards her breasts, giving them a subtle squeeze. Carter released a soft gasp and leaned her head back, moaning slightly. Harry pulled back when he noticed her excitement, which caused Carter to whine under her breath. She just wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

"Is it okay if I borrow your office for a second? I wanna use your typewriter," Carter asked with her soft eyes, chewing at her bottom lip. She knew Harry was a very reserved person and his office was not something to even think about going near but she figured it may not hurt just to ask.

"You can use my typewriter but you'll have to stay out here to use it, okay?" Harry said, cupping her soft cheek while letting the pad of his thumb caress the apple of her cheek. He wasn't all for allowing anybody near his office equipment but he figured it'd be okay for Carter to use. He didn't wanna come off as suspicious.

"Thank you, baby," Carter whispered and kissed his lips softly, pressing her breasts up against his chest. Harry kissed her back deeply, wrapping his strong arms around her petite waist. She was so small compared to him, but they fit perfectly, like God himself handcrafted them together. Harry pulled back from her lips and kissed her nose before disappearing to his office to retrieve his typewriter. Carter sat with her legs dangling over the counter, patiently waiting for Harry to come back. She fiddled with her fingers and thought of the million reasons why Harry wouldn't want her working in his office. She knew it was private for him but she didn't actually want to believe he didn't trust her.

Harry reappeared with the typewriter in his hands and placed it on the counter. He helped Carter push herself off the counter and sit on the stools in under the island. She pulled out a stool and sat down, licking her lips to begin writing. She furrowed her eyebrows a smidge and tilted her head to think of how to start her piece.