Chapter 4.

It was the same setting as it had been in the first chapter written. Only this time, the sounds were not elegant wine glasses or quiet chatter. Instead, there had been beer bottles clanking together and drunkards trying to grab the nearest girl and pull her into a secluded area of the club. The music was loud, thumping against Carter's ears; Elvis Presley, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, and Fleetwood Mac. This was not a scene Carter was normally expected to be at. She kept herself close to Harry's side as he had led her towards the pool table in which his friends were surrounding.

Harry's arm was wrapped around Carter's waist as he stood a few feet from his friends. He called out to them which caused their heads to turn, looking at the two. "This is Carter, Carter these are my friends.." Harry pointed out each person while they nodded their head in the petite girl's direction. "That's Louis, Grayson, Ariana and Lily," Harry rubbed Carter's lower back, in a soothing manner. He could tell, full well, that she had been nervous.

"H-hi, it's nice to meet you all," Carter spoke in the most proper way she could ever imagine herself to. She waved to the group of four individuals, trying her best not to seem too nervous, but she failed. Her shaking hand gave it away, so as quickly as she had noticed, she placed her hand down at her side.

The short male chuckled, looking at his friends before glancing to Harry and then at Carter. "She's cute, Harry. Where'd you find 'er?" It was Louis who said that. Carter looked at Harry, her face going beat red before glancing at her toes. She could feel her whole body heating up from embarrassment.

"Hey, don't worry about him, he's just being a douche," One of the girls looked at Carter, causing her to lift her head in the other female's direction. That was Ariana. She had a very friendly smile, a tiny body and her hair was up in a high ponytail. Her hair was incredibly long. She had deep brown eyes, the same as Carter's. Her lips were very plump and painted a light shade of pink. She wore a shorter skirt with red high heels and an awkwardly patterned sweater.

Carter gave her a small smile and nodded, not exactly sure of what to say or do. She wasn't much of a party animal and Harry knew that; she was the weirdo that brought in a book to read while having a drink at a bar. She definitely belonged in a quieter setting. She shrugged off the thoughts and tried her best to relax in the situation.

"Grab me a pool stick, Lou. Make yourself useful for once," Harry spoke seeming to get a bit defensive over how he greeted Carter. When Louis handed him the pool stick, Harry snatched it aggressively from him receiving an arrogant laugh from Louis. Carter bit her lip and took a seat on the small couch behind the pool table, not wanting to play but always wanted to observe how Harry got along with his friends.

The game of pool was not one Carter exactly understood, but she enjoyed watching it anyway. It seemed as though Lily and Grayson were together, or were flirting by Carter's observations. Ariana seemed sweet and got along with everybody just nicely. Carter was rather curious of Ariana, seeing the way she laughed and smiled along with Harry. She had her hands placed onto him in areas where only Carter wanted her own hands to be. The areas were his sides, torso, his lower back and his hands.

There was a glint of jealousy that flickered into Carter's eyes. Her pupils dilated with anger, her nostrils flared while her breaths became quick and short. She could easily tell that Harry was becoming annoyed by Ariana but he also seemed like those actions were normal from Ariana so he didn't do much to stop her. Carter leaned back onto the sofa, clearly baffled at the actions of Harry's friend. She crossed her arms over her chest and released a soft huff.

None of Harry's friends seemed to notice anything was bothering Carter until she got up to grab a drink from the bar by herself. She hadn't even let Harry know she had gone. Her blood curdled as she continued to make her way towards the bar, squeezing past a few drunkards. She could smell the alcohol coming from each individual as she slithered her way through the crowd. It was a horrid smell, one that she wouldn't even wish her greatest enemy to have to smell for the rest of their life.