Epilogue

Four days later...

PRESENT DAY

AMBER'S P.O.V.

"Look at the sky when you jump," the instructor suggests kindly.  At the beginning, Nicole, my now ex best friend whom is trying to kill me, wanted to go bungee jumping.  I stupidly agreed.  It was supposed to be a double date.  It was supposed to be fun. 

"Do you want me to push you?" Tim asked.

"Do it and die," I warned.  Why did I look down?

Photographs on Google and brochures didn't prepare me for this horror.  My life kept flashing before my eyes.  It was short and boring, which encouraged me to make the jump, and trust the cord not to snap. 

"It's only 400 feet," Nicole offered. 

"Only," I scoffed, wishing it would rain so I wouldn't have to go through with this.   I'm standing on a cliff and it's like I'm looking down into space, or witnessing my burial site.  The river makes me feel like I'm on the edge of a plank, and  I'm prepared to jump to my death, but I don't feel ready.  I'm wearing my harness that reveals an unattractive camel-toe, and dare I admit, I don't know if I'll find my underwear in the crack of my ass again. 

"I can't do this," I stutter, feeling only terror. 

"Yes you can.  I'll hold your hand," Tim offered.

"Actually, you can't do that," the instructor explained," for safety reasons."

"Amber, I'm right behind you.  Plus, Nicole and Micheal have jumped six times already.  I know you can do this."

"Who knew those two would fall for each other?" I criticized, still not happy with Micheal.  I quickly thougt about Luna, whom was at home playing Destiny.  I'd asked her to come but it was like she had rigamortis, her hands were permanently attached to a slippery controller.  Even though she was centuries old, she was acting like modern day fifteen year old tom boy. 

The wind was colder higher up, and the chill was enough to snap me back to reality.  I was about to step off the edge of a cliff, and it felt surreal.  Everything that has happened in the last month replayed in my mind. 

It all started in a convenient store, where I'd met the love of my life.  I became a Vampire.  I am currently leading the resistance against the Illuminati, and ironically, we're winning.  I  may or may not have had my cherry popped, but Tim and I aren't the only interspeicies couple out there.  More and more humans are learning of our existence. 

Humans and Vampires are beginning to coexist.  The Illuminati have no choice but to change with the times.  And then there's Victoria.  Her and Theodours are really happy together.  I know because I stalk them on Facebook.  Like I mentioned before, things are changing. 

Nicole invaded my thoughts again.  "If the cord breaks, you'll still live.  You're immortal.  It will just hurt a lot."

"How comforting," I hissed. 

Micheal hugged my best friend from behind.  They were so disgustingly cute together.  No longer able to stand the sight of their romance, I turned away.

"Okay, I'm ready."

Time stopped when I stepped off the cliff.  I didn't need to look to know Tim was there.  He screamed the whole way down.  It all happened so quickly, so smoothly, and it was exhilarating. 

I couldn't believe I'd actually done it.  Due to my supersonic hearing, both my eardrums ruptured because of Tim's feminine high-pitched screaming. 

Tim only jumped once, but I jumped again and again.  Each time I leaped off the cliff, I spread my wings like a bird, flying higher and higher. 

A note to readers,

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for reading my story.  I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.  :) I appreciate all of your support.