Mono

AMBER'S POV

Sitting in the E.R., I waited for the doctors to tell me about Tim.  I felt horrible about the whole situation.  To top it off, someone had contacted his older brother Michael, hence he was sitting across from me in the waiting room; totally fuming.

Not knowing what to say to relieve the tension; and slightly fearing for my mortal soul; for once I decided I shouldn’t be the one to crack the ice.  If looks could kill, I would be dead by now.  Michael’s eyes looked like fiery coals.

“Don’t you have anything to say for yourself?” Michael demanded, interrupting my thoughts.   

“What do you want me to say?”

“How about an apology, for starters.”

“Ok, I’m sorry.”

“You shouldn’t be apologizing to me.  Tim is lucky he didn’t cut his d*** off.  What were you even thinking?”

Even though I felt terrified, I was strangely overcome by courage.

“I like Tim.”

“I would hate to see what would happen if you loved him.”

I felt my whole face turn scarlet.  I do have very strong feelings for Tim but because of my inexperience and stupidity, Tim almost lost his manhood.

“It was an accident.  I never meant for Tim to get hurt.”

I don’t know if it was my uttermost sincerity or if it was my disheveled bangs and almost transparent eyebrows, but Michael started to facilitate up.

“I believe you.”

“That means a lot to me,” I said.  And it did mean a lot, it really really did.

Suddenly, a doctor approached us.

“Mr. Hardy, I presume?” The doctor asked.

Michael nodded as he stood up.  I crossed my fingers and hoped that I didn’t permanently damage Tim’s goods.

“Tim is going to be just fine.  We see things like this happen all the time.  He just needed a few stitches.  You’ll be able to take him home today.  I gave him a prescription for the pain, but he’s going to be alright.”

Relief flooded through me.  Tim was going to be ok.

“Can we see him now?” Michael asked.

“I would give him a moment.  Give him a second to get dressed,” and with that, the doctor left.

Michael let out of a whoop of air.

“I need to get something to drink, do you want anything?” Michael asked.

“Sure.  Just a water please.”

I sat there, waiting for Tim to finish getting dressed.  I hoped that he would forgive me.  I really didn’t mean for him to get hurt.

Nearly as rapidly as he had left, Michael was back again, carrying two bottles of water.  I quickly took a few big gulps, feeling invigorated, and felt slightly rejuvenated.

I placed my bottle of water off on a little side table with magazines.  I started to feel hopeful that this day would get better.  Everything would work out, Tim would forgive me, and I have learned a valuable lesson, knocking before entering.

Not really paying attention, I grabbed my water and quickly chugged the rest of it.  With ninja speed, a guy ripped my drink out of my hand.

“NO! I can’t you believe you just did that!” He yelled.