Step Two

"Megan, you're going to go into labor if you keep stressing yourself like this. I'm only 4 centimeters and contractions are fifteen minutes apart," Rachel reassured her best friend, "the only reason why we're here is because my water broke. You know all of this. This is your wheelhouse."

"I know that it's just..." she sighed then looked over her best friend laying on her side in the hospital bed scratchy gown and all, "I did something."

"I'm sure whatever it is it's fine."

"I called Ben."

Rachel rolled onto her back the struggled to sit up, thank goodness for guard rails, "excuse me?"

"I called Ben," she said again.

"Ben... As in your husband... As in Dean's best friend... As in the guy who fathered these two," She pointed to her stomach, "and is getting married as we speak."

"Rach, I know..."

"No," silent tears began to roll down her face, "you don't know. Ben would give up everything for you."

"Rachel."

"I need to be alone right now can you please go," She eased herself back down and turned her back to Megan.

Rachel heard her sigh, the shuffle of her feet, then the door closing behind her. Once she was sure it was secure, she let the dam break. She didn't know what she thought that phone call she made this morning was going to do.

She was holding on to hoped that maybe he would call her back. Tell her he loved her and was sorry for everything. Maybe she made the call too late, everyone had been telling her for the last six months that she needed to let him know. She let fear and hurt make the decision for her though.

The soft click of the door being opened the shut softly, Rachel rolled over and pulled herself into a sitting position and wiped her eyes frantically.

But he still saw her tears as he slipped through the curtain.

Rachel looked him over, he had bags under his eyes and was still wearing pieces of his tux.

"What are you doing here?" she sniffled.

Dean crossed the room in two-seconds and did the one thing he'd been dying to do since the day he woke up and found out he destroyed his own life.

He cradled her face with his hands and kissed her.

Crushed his lips to hers full on kissed her, she whimpered, and returned his kiss.

Rachel reached out and clutched his shirt pulling him as close as the bed rail would allow. He pulled away when he felt her tears on his cheeks. Dean pressed her forehead against hers using the pads of his thumbs to wipe away the tears.

"I'm sorry," Dean whispered, "I'm so fucking sorry. I should have been here. I should have apologized a long time ago."

Rachel shook her head and sniffled, "I should have told you."

"No, you had every right to keep that secret from me."

"Not after you admitted you loved me," she whispered, "I knew you were my forever when you told my dad you loved me before you even told me."

"Hey," he chuckled and straightened his posture, "that was a complete accident."

"Dean, I'm not a werewolf. I have an illness they call me a child of the moon. Essentially, I get mood swings around the full moon. I'm also highly allergic to its light. Legend says the moon created beasts from man to ward off enemies in her most vulnerable of times," she paused her story as a contraction began.