Bina

( This is what Bina looks like)

Hello... I am a shy 13-year-old woman. I want to think that I am brave, but everyone can see through that charade. I lost my family when I was about 10 years old...I think. Ever since then I have lived on my own. I believe I have managed.

Since then, I have lived at a foundation that is similar to a high foster house. All children who end up here go to school on the premises and wait till they are fostered or even better adopted off. You constantly see people in and out of here. The only thing that stays the same is me. I'm always here.

I have seen some boys live here for only months and others for years.

Yes, you heard me right... Boys.

Now you may ask why is there only one girl in an all-boys home.

Well, I didn't choose this. I just wanted to find a nice home to live since I'm only 4 inches tall.

You may be thinking OMG what happened!

Well, nothing. I've always been this size. I'm what people call a borrower or tiny....Look I didn't choose the name.

Now you may be thinking isn't that dangerous being a girl that tall with a bunch of high boys.

Well yes. Yes, it is. I just got to be careful. Haven't been caught yet and don't plan on it any time soon. Especially by these boys.

There's Night. He thinks he's a punk. He talks about addiction and he's there to portray himself as a street kid, a rapper sort. Supposedly came from the hood. No one believes him, though.

There's Gray. He's about 12, but very short and very smart. He acts like a tiny adult and is as smart as Einstein, at least I hear. I don't know who that is. He plays a lot of strategy games and builds objects. Got to watch out for him.

Otis is a year younger than Gray, but they are best friends. He loves observing Gray and trying to beat him at games. He's a very strategic person.

Cato is the oldest. He is Suppose to leave here pretty soon because he's 17. He's the one who is around the least with a job and a girlfriend. Keeps to himself when he's home anyway. A very quiet person.

Then there's Ace. He's 16. Kinda scared of him the most, besides Gray. He's one of those people who torments others in a playful way. Getting himself in trouble a lot for crossing the line, though. He pesters people constantly. He's a very observant person.

Lastly, there is Casper. He's Ace's closest friend in this hell hole, Ace's exact words. He's nice. That's all I can really say. Don't know why he hangs out with Ace, but when you get those two tougher ohhh there will be trouble. Usually the kind they get in trouble for...not police trouble.

At this place, there is constant staff coming in and out to take care of the boys. They are the closest thing these boys have to family half the time. The ones that stick around the most is Nick and Crystal.

I usually have to wait until night when all the boys are asleep to come out. There is night staff, but they stick to working downstairs most the time only coming up to check on the boys.

There have been a few times I have almost got caught, but that's because of Ace and Casper trying to sneak out or sneak off to do something at 12 at night. I have a feeling Ace hates it here.

I would too if I had to follow a schedule all the time and have sooo many rules to follow. The schedule helps me though, so I don't complain. Was the easiest human house to learn their movements since the staff have a specific schedule they have to follow.

People always think these boys are trouble and need to be locked up, but they are not that bad. A few times there is a typical tantrum with people yelling and breaking things, but nothing like the humans say happen. If I had people putting me in a metaphorical box and putting restrictions on me I would be yelling and breaking things too. They're not that bad.

When I'm bored, I watch and listen to the boys and I'm entertained. If I was their size, I would definitely hang out with some of them.

But for now, I'll keep my distance.