Chapter 15.

He has not left my side ever since he arrived here, making it quite difficult to move around. He's followed me like a lost puppy, if it's appropriate to describe.

Thankfully the alpha and his family is set in a separate house from the pack house, this giving us a sense of privacy. This makes things much easier for our business, to stay just that, our business.

Now I sit silently on the porch steps, waiting silently as promised, for Ryker to return from his run. It had taken a lot of convincing on both Travis and I's part, to get him to do something productive, to get him to be active instead of following me around.

Yes, a giddy part of me received the attention I got from Ryker well, but a bigger part, didn't like how he went about things, hiding behind his wolf. His people need him, they need their alpha back, to lead. The sooner he realises this, the better.

We just need to knock him back to his senses, and get him back to his rightful seat, in no time. Good thing he has well trusted people like Travis and Evan, to hold the fort, while he sorts himself out.

The door closes behind me and soon, someone settles down beside me.

" You've been out here for too long, you need rest." Ronan says.

" I will, I'm just waiting up for him." I say, staring ahead.

" He's really your mate." He mumbles, saying it more to himself.

" You doubted?" I turn to face him.

" I thought it wasn't possible."

" You mean in your eyes, you never saw me fit to have one."

He opens and closes his mouth, but no words come out.

" Dinner is ready!" Our grandmother announces, coming out the door.

" We'll be right up gran." Ronan says, glancing over his shoulder at her.

" And when was the last time you called me that, Ronny?" She says in a sing song tone, walking back in the house.

He rolls his eyes at that, looking ahead.

Ryker is coming back, he's close, I can feel it.

" About what happened." I hold up my hand, silencing him.

He wants to talk about what happened years ago, when he destroyed my life.

" It's done." I tell him.

" We have never talked about it."

" And it's best we never do."

" Why not?"

I turn to look at him, staring deep in his eyes. " I might just kill you."

With that, I rise up to my feet and walk away, to meet my mate.

                            *******

" Are you sure about this?" Travis asks me, as bags are loaded into the car.

" It's for the best." I tell him, glancing to Ryker, who stands by a nearby tree.

He's ready for us to leave.

" Do you think it'll work?" Travis asks.

I sigh, looking away from Ryker and dropping my eyes to my feet.

I don't know.

"We'll just have to wait and see." I say, when I meet Rykers gaze.

My grandmother had suggested that we take Ryker elsewhere in the meantime, while we try to get Mica back. His presence here would start arousing suspicion, and questions would arise. We can't afford for neighbouring packs and even rogues, knowing about alpha Mica's state.

Everyone can't start thinking of his pack being vulnerable, no, moving away for some time will do him good.

So moving is the best option.

We were to travel to my grandmother's place, which is further from all surrounding packs, and is much more closer to no man's land. A land deserted, that no one dares to cross, it's the perfect place for him to be himself and maybe get Mica back, if not for me, then his people. His people, his family, his pack needs him.

" Alright dear, I've packed some food and everything for you. It'll only be a day's travel." Grandmother says, handing me the backpack.

" Thank you nana."

Ryker jogs over to me, standing close to my side. He grabs the backpack from my hand and holds onto it with his mouth, totally surprising me.

Everyone looks at him in amusement.

" Alpha, I expect you to protect her with your life." Grandmother says, holding up her finger.

Ryker huffs and tilts his head to the side, looking offended that he'd be questioned on his capabilities of protecting his mate.

He then glances at Travis, whose eyes glaze over. I look away from the two who are mind linking each other, and turn to face my grandmother.

" We'll meet each other there, nana." I tell her.

" Be safe dear." She opens up her arms and I meet her halfway for a hug, welcoming the embrace as a form of strength for myself.

She pulls away and kisses my cheek before walking over to pat Ryker, whose head bows respectively for his elder. I start to bid goodbye to everyone else, who has come to see us off. Best wishes are sent our way in which I take with me.

The only person I haven't really seen today is Ronan, he's not even here to see me off.

Well that's okay.

Ryker and I start walking away. My grandmother leaves first, being driven by one of our pack members, I know we'll meet her there and it'll ease my worries, knowing that she'll arrive first.

Ryker and I will travel together. This idea was first suggested. I've never seen a wolf perk up so fast like how Ryker did. His tail wagged in excitement, and literally earned eye rolls from almost everyone present.

Ryker was all for us travelling together. Any excuse to get us alone, had his attention, that's for sure. We had quite a way to go and the sooner we started , the faster we'd reach our destination.

We hadn't gone far from the pack house when I hear my name being called. I stop in my tracks, forcing Ryker to stop too, I glance over my shoulder to see Ronan head over to us.

I turn to face him and wait patiently for him to reach us . I look at him in question, wondering why he stopped me.

He digs into his pockets, not tearing his eyes from me. " Here," he tells me.

Looking down, I realize that he's handing me his pocketknife .

I open my mouth to protest but he shakes his head.

" I know you have not done any physical training but this, " he holds out the object. " It's for safety purposes."

" Yes Alpha." I nod, taking the object from his hand.

Before I can do anything more, his hand grabs onto my wrist, making me to look into his eyes.

His eyes tell me everything.

Be careful.