Chapter 8.

He's gone.

That's the first thing I come to know, when I wake up in the morning. It's like he was never here, though his scent still lingers in the room.

I am a little disappointed I must say, his presence had brought a sense of security, calmness, and goodness, of having my mate close to me.

Walking to the bathroom for my morning routine, I look at myself in the mirror for the first time after a long time. Brown eyes stare back at me, and I give myself a moment, to reflect on how long it had been since I was free. I'd been isolated at home for so many years, and when the time comes to actually be free, I end up at my mate's land and again, no sense of freedom befalls me.

I'd longed to just roam around a place, to experience new things or even meet new people, but of course, I'd been prevented from doing so.

I even miss my nana, who had given me a sense of normalcy, even with the limited time I've had with her. The time alone will forever be the best memory I'll have. Maybe I should request from Ronan to atleast see her, even if I stay for two nights. I miss her terribly and I need her advice on how to handle certain things, since entering into this stage, where I've met my mate.

I know that I've finally begun in the path I'd been destined to walk on, I just need advice on what more I need to do, to fulfil what was set for me.

My life is not really my own, for I am living on borrowed time. I'd seen my fate and where my last will be drawn. No one knows of this, apart from my Nana and me, and I want it to stay that way, until the right time comes for me to do so.

I hear a knock on the door, just as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Come in."

The door opens and in enters an elderly lady, with long, black-grey hair, that's tied in a ponytail.

" I wanted to see this for myself." She mutters, her blue eyes taking me all in, while I stand on my spot and watch her. The only thing I'm able to sense from her, is her good nature, yet mysterious ways.

She speaks up once again, before I can. " Oh, I do apologise for not introducing myself, Luna."

I blush at the term. " My name is Athena and I am Mica's grandmother."

I'm quick to move from where I am, where I stand before her and offer a small bow, as a sign of respect. " I apologise, for you are my elder and -----------"

" Oh no dear, please rise up." She says, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Standing up right, I see a fond smile on her face, which almost wavers when her eyes look around the room.

Her eyes hold curiosity, when they come back to me. I know that she's wondering why I'm here, instead of her grandson's room.

" I'm sorry for the mess, I wasn't up yet and not expecting anyone." I speak up, just to divert the topic.

"Oh no worries, I'm at fault for just showing up. I was too excited to wait. Please, let's take a seat shall we?" She guides me to the bed, where we face each other.

" If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that I was your grandson's mate?"

" I heard from Wendy. She comes by every now and then to check up on me, and tidy up for me, even though I told my grandson that I was capable of taking care of myself. " She rolls her eyes at that. " Something about what she said, sparked my interests."

"What did she say?"

"Well, she said that though the pack, meaning the few who had crossed your path, had been uncertain about your visit, your presence alone, didn't irk danger. It was an unknown calmness. "