35

It's late Sunday afternoon, the day after our eventful night out, the night before

I hadn't heard from chris, perhaps that's a little too keen on my part, seeing as it's been less than 24 hours and also, this is potentially Haley's love interest and I didn't want to stand in the way of this.. to become someone like her.

Let's get something clear, Haley will always be good person, in mine and my families eyes; in one way or another.  However, when it comes to guys, she's a whole other person; whether she knew it or not, but I certainly knew it.  She could be spiteful when hurt, she would take someone down and they wouldn't know what hit them, because it'd be too late to react. She's always been a go getter, with grades, parties, events - you name it... what she wants, Haley will bloody well get.

And that leads me to Chris. If she's with him, or wants him, no one can stand in the way of this, unless you're prepared to fight the fight, because she can talk the talk and take anyone down if she really wanted too. 

I remind myself to shake the thought of any other guy, when I remind myself of whom I'm living with... someone who is amazing, who I feel it could go somewhere with, or we are just really good friends, and Haley wants Nathan instead.  She's been helping him with his studies here and there, I've not shown the signs of wanting him in front of her, even when she's hinted or tried to bait me into thinking there is something between him and I.  Sure he gives me butterflies and my stomach drops, but so does a good meal, when the waiter is bringing my food to me. Maybe it's all just a feeling in that moment, and it's always short lived for a reason because something better is meant to come along, or, like your fav restaurant you always get the same thing because it's just what you like best and what's right for you. The more I think about me comparing a guy to food, I know I'm crazy.. but when you know, you know... which I think Haley does too.

Haley and I briefly spoke earlier on this morning, whilst I was at work and she' stopped by for some coffee. She ended up asking something about Sam, who's the last person I wanted to hear about and how she's going to show him around town later. My hopes were shes simply excited to see a familiar face who is new to town, wanting to show off her wealth of city knowledge compared to everyone knowing the ins n outs of our quieter country like surroundings back home. Part of me wanted to scold her for even being so nice to him, but she's keeping him busy and away from me, so for once her boy hungry ways may actually pay off.

Now safely back at home, I wanted to do some meal prep for the week, so to get myself sorted. It seems however that Nathan has other intentions to disrupt my plans, when he makes his grand entrance through the front door just mere seconds ago..

"What exactly are you studying again, which requires you to have a camera shoved in my face? Some kind of paparazzi?" I ask behind the chopping board, which is my clean shield.

His shadow is dancing about, trying to mimic my movement. If I'm one step right, he's two steps ahead of me.

"I want to be a director." He replies proudly.

He's now standing behind me, so he's able to see the back of my head, which is somewhat safer.

"Do you now? Well, perhaps you can direct yourself out of the kitchen then, please, go play the PlayStation or something..."

Nathan of course doesn't want to take my direction, waving his camera around and drawing in closer to my face.

Tickling my neck, causes me to whip my head around and exposing my face, he's amused and pleased by his actions; he got the reaction he clearly wanted.

By now, he's captured at least about 9 chins by this point as I'm curling and comforting myself to form a body shield. My hairs in a messy bun, my eyes are carrying more bags than I thought possible, my posture is something of an 80 year old woman, it's only 8:15am and I'm already done with today.

I'm struggling to turn myself sideways to nudge my hip into him to budge him out of my space.

"Okay, okay. I'll take a hint..." he says, almost convincingly enough to suggest he is actually going to stop. He pushes a button and I can hear a beeping sound.

Hopefully means the stupid camera is off now, but my chopping board remains up.

Carefully peering around the squared surface, his camera is sat on the kitchen bench and giving that stupid smirk I hate plastered on his face.

"But you'll have to get used to it, I need all the practice I can get. Candid shots always come up better when editing too. If everything is following a script, then there's nothing raw to it..."

"I'll think about it... and maybe not when I'm looking like I've rolled out of my death bed, too."

"Well I think you look beautiful," he says.

"You would say that, if you want to be able to film me. I can see your hand twitching there.."

We both draw our eyes to the device in his clutches, he chuckles to himself.

"Out of habit to be holding something like this," he let's go of it, leaving it to sit up right as it has been this entire time and tucks his hands into his pockets. "See, I'm not filming now..."

I roll my eyes, moving my face behind the board again.  "You're so full of shit.. you turned it back on..."

"Damn it, how'd you know?" He tried his best not to laugh, but let's out a small chuckle.

The camera had made a beep sound again, when he decided to place it on the counter. I was going to ignore it but when pointed directly at me, I don't think so.

"You're not really subtle Natey boy...." I turn around and place the board on the bench.

"I'll have you know, I caught you smiling when I called you beautiful!" He retorts. "You can't fake that smile of yours... which is sexy by the way, even if you want to argue otherwise..."

"Whatever, you're a jerk..." I scoff at him and at least if the camera is capturing something, it'll be my best side, aka my back, my butt, the one he can kiss goodbye, as I exit our kitchen and lock myself away in the room. Maybe it's a damn good idea that I study and keep my mind off of anything related to guys and just focus on what I came here for, for at least 30 minutes... if I'm permitted that much time without interruptions.