14

Having left the scene of the crime with Peyton and Nathan, my welcome has been over stayed

Navigating through from the back entrance of where the pier leads from, I'm trying to stick to the edges of the crowded room, slithering against the wall and battling it out for space. I needed to get out of here. Only wish I went with my gut feeling and stayed in.

I vaguely remember passing a statue that's near the entrance, or maybe that was a different area. It doesn't help when I'm spinning around in attempts to avoid bumping into people either. Stepping through a gap here an there between people, I notice I'm now in a lounge area and needed to get through this room to be able to get out the front door.

Instead of my plan of action happening, there's what seems like the entire party go-ers gathering where a large TVs playing, something so alluring it's got people hovering over like a moth drawn to a flame.

"Um, the secret to our success... Hmm, I don't know. Good question. Dan?" A soft and sweet voice speaks. 

The person on the tv gradually becomes louder, which is thanks to the TV volume being turned up. I continued my efforts in attempts to peer through the crowd blocking the damn screen.

"Oh wow, look how young Dan looks," a person beside me, much taller at that, mentions to the person to their other side. Damn basketball player, with your cursed height. Damn you.

"Good sex!" The presumed Dan replies back, causing the room to chuckle.

"Be serious..." that same soft speaker corrects the crude commenter.

"Question for you Karen! Do you think you guys will get married?" the interviewer asks.

That's it! It's, wait, Karen? I definitely gotta get in closer.

Looking from side to side, knowing my targets and who's going to be easier to shove aside and out my way. Some lanky chick, who's too busy leaning into some random guy gives me enough space and the few seconds I needed to hop through, followed by a few other obstacles, but nothing manages to keep me back. Than again, this isn't some wild concert, it's a bloody house party, so I'm sure the tv moment has outlived its 5 minutes of fame.