26

"-so Bek, truth or dare?"

Even with the music blaring throughout the house, and to the outdoor areas, everyone involved in the game was able to hear the question and spins their attention on to the slender brunette in charge. 

Its Brooke. Of course.

Standing tall, chin pointed up, she has the word proud written all over her smug face.
At this point, I wish I could wipe it off.
Not a fan of waiting, she tauntingly taps the edge of her cup and brings it against her parted lips, which matched the red of her dress, one she had made me wear out, for her sake – of self-promotion.

"Brooke, come on," I quietly pleaded whilst trying to ignore everyone else nearby. 
All eyes turned on to me, causing me to gulp down the remainder of my once full cup, ensuring I'd taken in every last trace of liquid.

The group cheered on in anticipation, which only gives Brooke more of an incentive to keep pushing for my answer and their reactions. 
With the commotion this group was causing, from different directions, familiar faces came into view to inspect what was going on.
Haley beside Peyton, Lucas stepped around to Brooke's side and Nathan standing to the other corner.  We'd found our way to be  standing in a large square formation, eyeing each other, from one person to the other. 

"I dare you to show us how you really feel, because I think there's something's you've yet to be truthful about..." She drags out the last of her words, her shoulders wriggling as though she's ready to attack her prey, aka me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask baffled.

I couldn't hear what was said next, watching on as Lucas mumbles something into Brooke's shoulder. She merely brushes him off and looks like she has an invisible lightbulb of thoughts go off above her head.

"I dare you to kiss, Lucas," she instructs with her icy words.

It felt like someone had suddenly shoved me, full force, as I stumbled a few steps back. 

"Brooke, what are you doing?" Lucas growls and frowns immediately at her, "this isn't funny."

"Ah, ta, ta, now, Lucas." She taps her pointer finger against his lips, the smell of the alcohol from her cup causing his nose to crinkle. "This is my party and we're playing a game here... so, Bek, your move..."

I'm frozen, only my eyes find their way and land on Lucas, then back to Brooke. 
The sad part about it is, I actually considered going up to him and just doing it.
What did I have to lose? It's truth or dare, it's simple. All it is, is a stupid game, to see how far people could push one another before the limits were reached.
But the other part of me said no.
Stay still.

From my side, I could see Haley's mouth moving, but no sounds or coherent words were coming out for me to understand her.

The world surrounding me was a deafening silence and I could feel the rippling feeling erupt up my stomach to the back of my throat.  The alcohol has caught up and I needed to vomit.
Now.
Cupping my mouth, I fled the room, ignoring any comments or groans of disappointment from my retreat.