25

Days went by and the weekend slowly crept up

Days went by and the weekend slowly crept up. Foolishly wasting my time avoiding Nathan, who's still awaiting my decision.
I was never told of a deadline, I could detect that the sooner he got an answer, he'd quickly move on to the next plan of action.
Having witnessed first hand a similarity in stubbornness like his dad, he's also displayed a few of signs not quitting either. Eventually he'd get what he wanted, yet at what cost?

I'd been carefully weighing in on some of the pros an cons and two points standing out amongst the others.

Pro, the location of the property wasn't too far from campus.

However, the con, I wouldn't be with Brooke anymore.

Pro, I'd have extra space by having an entire room to myself and a little less crowded, too.

Con, I would be sharing a place with someone I barely knew. Though, with the blossoming relationship between Brooke and Lucas, three's notably a crowd, a very over crowded, crowd.

Frustrated by my own thoughts of having to move, again, I'm at least happy it's finally the weekend, which is free of study and only having to work at the café this morning; happily clocking off and set free of my working duties.

The moment I'm free to go outside, I'm greeted by the fresh air and warm sunny day. My urges were strong for some retail therapy, which is thanks to my pay check and how a splurge in materialistic items always cheered me up.

"You look like you could use a friend," A calming voice announces coming up against my left side, which causes me to jolt.
I'm relieved none the less facing a widely grinning Lucas, which he came with an added bonus today with no Brooke attached to him.

"Oh my gosh, Luke, where have you been!" I don't waste another second, my arms securely latch around his small waist and burying my face against his chest when pulling him in.

"I've been around," he tells me with a chuckle and squeezes me back even tighter.

"Hardly," I scoff and lean back.
I can't wipe the smile off of my face, thankful I'm with someone who always knew how to make me feel better.
"I can barely recognise you without Brooke on your lips." I can't help but let my eyes linger for a split second to the spot I mention.

"Hey, come on now," He pretends to be offended and continues to say, "we're happy." 

"I know, I know."
I guess, that's what's important about this situation, between them.

"I couldn't help but notice you've got a new job? Do you feel you're making a change in the world, one coffee at a time?" His voice is a sing-song, sickly sweet and something I couldn't get enough of.
However, he's definitely acting too cheery for this time of the morning.
"Bet my mum will be pleased to know she's taught you well enough to get another job."