I don't know how I'm able to tell, but I do.

A surge of heat, hits me like the biggest sea wave, and my heart hammers hard against my chest. My arm falls back heavily on my side and my body feels heavy once again. I'm losing energy, I can tell, and I'm going back to the present.

Slowly, I feel myself fade away from the spirit wolf, just as a jumble of words ring in mind.

' Time is of the essence, a second chance you've been given. Save your heart and fulfil the duty given.'

Those are the last words I hear, before I fall into nothingness.

" Catherine dear, wake up. " I blink my eyes open, gasping and letting air through.

I move my head around, familiarising myself with my surroundings, and sighing in relief, when I realize that I'm back in the garden, sitting opposite my grandmother under a tree.

Her soft green-brown eyes smile at me, reassuring me that I'm indeed okay.

She removes her hands from me, making gesture movements to someone behind me. I glance over my shoulder to see Cara make her way over to us, with a tray full of fruits and lemonade, my favourite.

She sets it down beside us and I grab her wrist, just as she turns to leave.

" Stay."

" Luna?" She frowns at me.

I refrain from correcting her. " You have been close beside me all these years, and I trust you. Do stay."

Her eyes search mine, for me to change my mind about what I just said, but when I don't, she nods with a look of gratitude on her face. We both know what this is, it is the first time I've announced my trust in her.

" Have something to drink, you need all the energy you can get." My grandmother says, just when Cara pours me a glass of lemonade, to hand it over to me.

I nod my thanks, taking it.

"You left." I say to my grandmother, after taking a sip.

" It was time for me to, you needed privacy."

" Were you still able to see what I saw?" I ask.

" I saw different, but heard everything." I nod, continuing on drinking.

" H-how does it feel?" Cara asks me." I mean, to have what you have and to connect with the Spirit wolf?" She whispers the last part, as if cautious to not be punished.

" You know, this is the third time I've directly communicated with her, right?" I ask in amusement.

"Oh." She looks down, a blush of embarrassment touching her cheeks. " Well, how do you feel now?"

" Tired but relieved."

" A second chance you've been given." My grandmother speaks up.

" Save your heart and fulfil the duty given." I continue, rising to my feet.

" It's not your own heart she spoke of," she says.

I take a few steps away from them, staring out into the distance.

" You never told me what happened." I glance over my shoulder at them.

"You needed me, you called out to me."

" You called him, didn't you?" I say clearly, turning away from them with my head hung low.

" I had no choice. Your life hanged in the balance." She explains to me.

My shoulders slump in defeat." Cara, you know something." I direct this to her.

" Someone called alpha Ronan and gave him a tip, telling him of you almost dying. Alpha rushed over there and returned with you. We thought we'd all lose you, but the alpha had other plans, he called your grandmother and she saved you."

" No." My grandmother says, and I face her.

" Your mate saved you. " I frown at this.

" Self control." She rises to her feet." At near death he saved you. The bond won over poison and now you have to use the same bond, to bring him back to you."

" I don't understand." I'm confused I don't feel anything, no trouble at all.

She closes the distance between us and takes my palm into her hands, now closing her eyes.

Warmth seeps in through my palm and moves throughout my body, only for something ice cold like, to shoot through to my chest, causing me to  stagger back and out of her grasp.

My heart hammers against my chest and that cold chill, runs through my spine.

The need to be with my mate is so heavy and strong.

Emotions swirl at me at a go, that I gasp in shock. It's like something heavy has washed over me or I'm awakened from a dream.

" I had to numb your emotions for a while, in order to heal and wake you up, or distress and every other emotion would have slowed down the process."

" You know my duty. " I argue.

" Yes, but you forget that you're my grandchild." She argues back, her eyes emotional. " Time is limited as it is, and I'd think the last you remember is happiness, not agony."

My head hangs low in shame.

" Forgive me." I say, my voice dropping low.

My head is tilted up.

" Your eyes speak for themselves."

" What will you do Luna?" Cara speaks up, joining us.

" I need to go see him."

" No need. " Our heads snap towards Ronan's direction, where he stands just a few feet from us.

" He's here," he says.

*****************************

Well everyone please do tell me what you think.

I know it's a werewolf story, my first one indeed.

It has it's own twist and I've added more fantasy to it, but I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for reading.