Thirteen - Nuisance

-

-

I let out an involuntary gasp at the voice.

And judging by the new guy who had taken a step backwards before restoring his composure, I knew that it was him. No doubt.

"Jin! I was just trying to buy you and the other actors some ice-cream when this woman came out of nowhere and gave me a punch on my face- wait, did you just laugh?"

Hoseok protectively pulled me towards him the second the rude fella called out Seokjin's name, and I blushed when he held onto my hand more tightly than he ever did.

Seokjin's laughter was cut short when he finally noticed how close both Hoseok and I were together, and clearing his throat, he took a step forwards towards us. I glanced down at his outstretched hand weirdly.

"I'm sorry if my manager angered you in any way. He has some anger issues." He spoke, and leaned down towards me before pushing his shades a little downwards, revealing his eyes. "And nice to meet you again, my love."

I was too stunned to react, leaving me baffled with Hoseok hugging me while giving the taller guy a death glare as the latter straightened his form. Seokjin glanced at the younger boy from head to toe, and I knew that he was smirking by the movements of his broad shoulders.

"Be careful, little boy. I'll be taking back what's mine soon." He blurted before pulling his dumbfounded manager away from the crowd.

Why was he here?

Why now!?

Tears brimmed my eyes, and the memory of us attacked my mind like a train wreck. I didn't even realize that Hoseok had pulled me away from the suffocating crowd towards an empty park bench, his hand fanning my face.

"Noona, you need to calm down. You're hyperventilating." Hoseok quickly took out tissues from his bag to dab my sweating face lightly.

"Hoseok-ah, I-" My stuttering sentence got cut off abruptly.

"It's okay noona. I know. You don't have to tell me." Hoseok smiled sadly, and he quickly turned away when his eyes turned red before letting out a chuckle. "Why am I even crying? This is weird."

My heart broke at the sight of this sunshine tearing up. I felt like a burden; a nuisance who was corrupting a pure and innocent being.

I knew one thing for sure, that Jung Hoseok was to be better off without me.

"I think I'll stop liking you from this moment onwards, noona. But please let me be selfish for once. Can you grant me my wish?" He pleaded, big fat tears still falling from his eyes as he looked at me. "Please?"

I nodded.

"I hope we can still be friends after this. No hard feelings." Hoseok grinned, and it was my turn to burst out crying, startling him. "Why are you crying! I'm the one who should be crying!"