Nine - Namjoon

-

-

2 years later

"Happy birthday Yoora!"

I jumped from my bed as my housemates' loud booming voices scared me as they barged into my room, their voices combined together so loud that I could hear them even with my earphones plugged in. Pausing the drama I was watching, I grinned at the cake they were holding before quickly scrambling off my bed and strode towards them.

"Thank you girls!" I giggled happily as I intertwined my fingers together with my eyes closed, making precisely three wishes before blowing the two taller candles along with the seven smaller candles placed on the dark chocolate cake.

"Wow Yoora, you should see your face in this video. You look hilarious." Rina laughed as she shoved her phone towards me, and I shrieked at how startled I looked in the video.

"Delete it!" I pleaded with puppy eyes, but they simply shook their heads.

"We are sending this to the man in that drama you're currently watching now." Bomi giggled, her eyes twinkling with mischief while placing the cake down onto the table.

Blushing, I rolled my eyes before pushing them out of my room, not forgetting to take the cake along before gathering in the living room. One thing about us, we had always been too lazy to divide up the food so we had an unspoken tradition of scooping food together with our spoons even after graduating.

And that was what we were doing as Bomi switched on the television. I felt my heartbeat increase as a familiar voice blasted through the speakers, and I didn't need to look at my housemates to know that they were smirking.

"Oh look, it's your best friend." Rina teased, forcing me to watch the television by grabbing my face to look at the screen.

"Stop it girls. You two should know better that both him and I are nothing else but friends." I defended myself, my eyes unable to tear away from the screen.

I grinned softly at my childhood friend acting as a rich heir who was chasing after the poor girl in the rain (another k-drama cliché, to be honest), his eyes sparkling with sincerity as he finally caught up with the girl and turned her around forcefully. My housemates were screaming with their mouths muffled with cake now, being equally excited for him as this drama was his first lead role.

Two years ago, he was merely a side character who played the main character's friend, and the roles he was offered eventually became the second lead, and now, the main lead. Putting aside his good looks, people actually recognized his talents and skills as an actor, and I couldn't be prouder than that.

I remember him going to some tv show only to get the hosts shook at his results back in highschool. They had their jaws dropped, and instantly bombarded him with the reason why he chose to be an actor when his grades obviously allowed him to be something more promising.