I forgive him....

Wynonna POV

Everyone had left about thirty minutes later. Joe and Jon fought with me about me being by myself, but in the end I won. They needed to go home shower and get some rest. I wasn't going anywhere and I knew Corey was also on this floor somewhere, so I wasn't nervous. If anything I was welcoming the time alone. Joseph was the last to leave the room with Swayze, promising he would be back as soon as visiting hours started, and also made me promise not to cut on the TV.

Every hour that passed seemed to drag and sleep was just avoiding me. I was too nervous to ask for any type of medication to help me sleep, because I honestly didn't know if I would be able to handle my dreams. Right now it was tough even handling my thoughts, much less having to live through dreams.

"You look like shit."

I turned my head and smiled, seeing Corey walking into my room. His arm was in a sling and instead of wearing the dreadful hospital gown I had been forced to rock, he had on his own clothes.

"Your one to talk one arm Sally." I replied.

Corey hugged me to him with his un injured arm and let out a loud breath before taking a seat on the bed, smiling at me. I took a deep breath as I studied his face.

"I'm sorry Corey." I spoke lowly.

"For what?" He rose a brow, his eyes staying on mine.

"This wouldn't have happened to you if it weren't for me."

"I'm sorry but were you the one holding the pistol that shot me?" He challenged. "No, so this wasn't your fault. Kaiser had some issues that we didn't even know about Wynonna. None of us could've ever seen this coming."

"Never in a million years would I even believe we would be here after going through what all of us went through." I shook my head, taking his hand in mine. "I'm still so baffled by it all."

"He wasn't well Wy." Corey sighed, looking down at our hands. "As much as it hurts for me to know that he was my best friend and I didn't realize he was battling with so much, I won't feel guilt or try to claim blame for what he did in that arena tonight." I nodded as he spoke. "The only thing I wish I could change, and I know I'm not the only one, is the fact that you were locked in that room with him."

I let out a shaky breath, turning my head towards the window again. It hadn't even been 8 hours since this all happened, and the dread I felt and the memories that came with it were terrible.

"I thought he was going to kill me." I spoke lowly, turning my eyes back to Corey, seeing his blue eyes held tears. "The anger that radiated off of him was something that I've never seen or experienced before and I honestly didn't recognize that man. A man filled with so much rage that he was so hardened and cold." I took a deep breath, willing my tears away. "But the sad thing about it all was, he was just a broken man who thought if he made certain people pay in the most unthinkable of ways that it would fix him."

Corey closed his eyes and looked down, his shoulders moving let me know he was crying. I hated seeing any man cry, but the men that I held close crying broke my heart more than anything.

"He apologized before he killed himself." I whispered.

Corey's eyes looked up into mine as he sniffled.

"Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive him?" He asked softly.

"I honestly don't have an answer for that." I slid over as Corey moved to lounge in bed beside me, letting me rest my head on his un injured shoulder. "I honestly don't even know how I'm going to make it through my day to day life now."