Darkness

Wynonna's POV

We where running down the corridor at a pretty fast pace. The stairwell had been backed up, everyone having the same idea in mind to get to safety. I still had Haven in my arms, letting Kelly and Maxwell run in front of me, with Paul and Steph's girls running behind their Nannie. There were many different exit's in the back of the arena so I was praying that we would make it our the back without running into anymore gunmen. So far we hadn't ran into any, just heard the shots and I was praying to whatever higher power that we could get these innocent children out of here unharmed.

"Aunt Winnie I'm scared." Haven whimpered as she tightened her arms around my neck, my pace never wavering.

"Me too baby." I breathed out, all the running something I was use to, the panic that filled my body I was not.

Spotting the lit up exit sign ahead, I called out to them to follow. Turning the corner I let out a loud scream as I was grabbed around the waist. I instantly let go of Haven as I kicked and thrashed in the persons arms.

"Haven run! Go to your mom!" I screamed as the person tried their best to over power me.

"Wynonna!" I heard Kelly scream, turning back toward the commotion as they all stopped in the hall looking back down at me.

"Go!" I screamed, continuing to struggle. "Get out of here! Run!"

Kelly let go of Maxwell and ran towards me, jumping up onto my attacker, trying to help me fight out of their arms. I could hear the grunts, letting me know I had been grabbed by a man. I gasped as I watched him raise his gun, slapping it against Kelly's face and sending her flying backwards.

"No!" I screamed, turning in his arms and beginning to throw punches.

Suddenly I felt him stumble as I loud battle cry rang out and flashes of purple hair was spotted in the corner of my eyes. I let out a whimper as he drew his head back and head butted me, feeling blood trickle from my nose but that didn't stop me. Jon had taught me some tricks and I wasn't going down without a fight. Glancing to my left I saw that Mercedes was in fact the flash of purple and she was throwing her share of rights and lefts to the man who had a firm grip on me.

"Wynonna!" I turned my head as I heard Kelly's voice again, seeing she was standing with Haven in her arms and Maxwell clinging to her.

"Get out of here!" I screamed back. "Go! Get them babies out of here Kelly!"

"I'm not leaving you!" She cried out.

"Go Kelly!" I let my eyes bore into my best friends, fighting back tears as I watched her's fall. "I love you all so much"

In a flash Kelly was gone from my sight as I went flying, letting out a loud scream that mixed in with Mercedes as she too went air born. My back crashed onto a table, that ended up tumbling over, causing me to fall into a painful heap onto the floor. I coughed and gasped for air as the landing had knocked all the wind from my lungs. Bringing my hand up to my throbbing nose, I winced as I pulled back seeing the red liquid on my shaking fingers. My back throbbed, along with my side as I glanced around, seeing Mercedes stirring around slightly. I could see from my position that her head had been busted open, her eye was black, her lip was bleeding and she was gripping her side. She rolled to her side, her eyes opening and connecting with mine, instantly filling with tears.

"Wynonna." She croaked out, tears falling down her bruised and pain stricken face.

"I'm right here." I spoke back, not recognizing my voice.

"I'm so sorry." Her voice was laced with pain, as she tried to move towards me.

Suddenly a body was jerking her to her back, causing us both to scream as he sat with his knees on either side of her, his hands instantly going for her throat. Mercedes gasped and thrashed about, her hands going for his hands, before reaching up as she clawed, slapped and punched at his masked face. I pushed my pain aside and somehow made it to my feet, running over and somehow tackling him off her, hearing her gasping as the man and I fell in a heap to the side of her. Pushing my hair out of my face, I looked to my side to see his blue eyes looking at me, laced with anger. I turned and tried to move quickly away, only to have my legs gripped tightly, him jerking me towards him. I let out a scream as my hands reach forward trying to grip onto anything that would give me a fighting chance against this man. His eyes told me everything I needed to know in the short time they met mine. He wanted blood, but I would fight until the last breath left my body before I would allow him to get satisfaction in spilling mine.

I gasped as I was jerked underneath him after he quickly flipped me over onto my back. My struggling was making it hard for him to get a good hold on me, something I was thankful for because it gave me time to wrap my hands around the bottle I had laid my eyes on. Gripping it tightly I swung with all my might, closing my eyes as I heard it loud breaking against the side of his head. He jerked to the side away from me, and I scrambled away quickly. Looking back I saw him clutching his head, his shoulders rising and falling quickly before I turned and crawled to Mercedes.

"Mercedes, hey!" I shook her, she gasped loudly and tried to slide away. "Shh it's me." Her eyes darted around as she held her throat, bruises in the form of his fingers already forming. "We have to get-"

I screamed as I was jerked up by my hair quickly, coming face to face with the blue eyed, masked man again. His hand wrapped around my throat before quickly jerking me towards him, his head connecting with mine harder than it had before, sending me flying back onto the floor with a loud thump. The last thing I remembered before my eyes closed was the blurred image of the man removing his mask and the flash of red hair that appeared before there was complete nothingness. 

Just the quiet. 

Just the darkness.....