Just a kiss...

Dinner had been a blast. The laughs never ended when we were all together, the only part of our crew missing was The Uso's and Trinity, but they would be joining us at some live events next week. The food was incredible and the guys hadn't been spotted much, but when approached they happily entered into conversation and took pictures with their fans. I always enjoyed watching the bond they had with their fans and the amount of respect they were shown.

Swayze had fallen asleep on the ride back to the hotel, and Joe offered to carry her up to the room for me. We had been getting along tonight. Laughing, sharing memories and just enjoying each others company so I didn't really think it would hurt anything. Once we entered the room, Joe took Swayze to her designed room and tucked her in with the Peppa Pig she had won with all her tokens from the arcade. I went to the kitchen and filled the kettle before sitting it on the stove.

"She's all tucked in." Joe replied with a smile as he entered into the kitchen.

"You guys tired her out." I smiled, walking over to open the cupboard. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"Uh, absolutely." He smiled, perching on one of the bar stools opposite the counter I was at. "I remember you always loved to have hot tea before your bath at night. It reminded you of your mom."

I glanced at him with a small smile, my heart fluttering a bit at the fact he had remembered so many little things about me from back then.

"What? Thought I would forget?" He smiled.

"It' been nearly four years." I spoke softly.

"And? I remember more than I'm willing to share right now." He leaned forward onto the counter top a bit. "Might make you blush." He winked, causing me to snort.

"So you say Anoa'i." I chuckled, placing the tea bags into the cups, and cutting the burner off as the kettle sounded. I turned back to the cups and poured the water into them before I placed one in front of Joe, passing him the sugar.

We where silent for a while as we sipped the tea, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It felt good. I felt calm and I hadn't felt that way since everything had blew up with Kaiser. Something about being near Joe made me feel at ease, and made everything okay. It was always like this, now that I thought about it.

"So, Carl and Patti are arriving tomorrow?" Joe finally spoke, my eyes looking up to meet his.

"Yes. They land at 10 a.m." I smiled. "I think I'm more excited than Swayze." We both chuckled.

"I bet their excited to spend time with you two. They don't travel much from what Ambrose tells me." He smiled.

"You know Dad hates taking time off work. So it's a big deal for him to be coming on the road with us for two weeks." I shook my head.

"Do they know, ya know, about Swayze?" Joe asked, almost shyly.

"They've never asked, but like everyone else their not blind." I cleared my throat. "Joseph, I wan't to explain something to you okay?" I looked from my tea cup to his eyes, as he nodded his head. "We've not talked about our past and I believe it's because it's still a sensitive subject for the both of us."

"Yeah." He cleared his throat, looking down at his cup like I did.

"When things ended, I was bitter. I was angry. But I didn't hide her from you out of anger Joe." I took a deep breath.

"I know Wynonna. Your not that type of person." He spoke softly. "But, why would you ever think telling me about her would've ruined my life?"

I took a deep breath as I swirled my spoon around in the tea. Even though we had spoken briefly about my reasoning before it was always a sensitive subject for me.