Talk's with Dean

Laughter flowed out of the four of us as we made our way through the hotel lobby. Jon never seized to keep us laughing with his stories, and the way Renee would respond to him always made me envious. Their relationship was always one I looked up to, like Kelly and Corey's, they had something so very special. You could see it whenever they looked at each other. One day I would get back to that place.

"Hey!" Jon called out as we made it to the elevator, causing all of us to look at him as he grabbed my hand, letting loose of Renee. "You two go on ahead, I want some one on one time with my sista here."

"Oh lord Jon, don't give her a hard time." Renee scolded, slightly smiling.

"I wouldn't do that mom." He called out at her, causing us to giggle.

"It's alright guys." I smiled.

"Alright." They both replied, before disappearing onto the elevator.

"Alright, where to Ambrose?" I asked, turning toward him with a smile.

"Come with me lady." He called out, leading me off to the left.

I chuckled as I walked beside Jon, my hand still in his. I knew he wanted to talk to me more privately, away from everybody. I also knew, he knew that would be the only way for him to get me to completely open up to him. Jon knew me better then Kelly sometimes, and it was scary to think about.

"Not bad huh?" he called out as we walked out into the private pool area.

"Wow. Kudos on the hotel picking skills Uncle Vinnie." I replied, smiling at Jon's chuckle as he lead me over to a table, pulling my chair out before sitting beside me. "So," I sighed sitting my purse down, "What's up?"

"Why don't you tell me?" He smiled slightly, leaning back in the chair a bit as his eyes looked into mine. "What's been going on with you that you had to disappear from my site for over a year?"

"Jon," I sighed.

"Look, I'm not here to make you feel like shit. That's not my style. I promised I wasn't mad and I'm not. I'm a bit hurt that you felt like you had to cut me and Renee off for some reason."

"I'm sorry." I replied, no other words coming to mind as I looked down at my hands.

"Are the McMahon's holding you hostage? Cause I will fuckin' 007 your ass out of there man." He shot out seriously, making me laugh. He could always lighten the mood.

"No. Their such a good family. Kaiser is really good to me and Swayze." I smiled at him.

"But?" Jon leaned his elbows on the table.

"But what?" I raised a brow at him.

"C'mon Wynonna, I know that tone, talk to me girl."

"Alright, this is brother sister level confidence man." I sighed, holding out my pinky to him, which he slide his around.

"Always. Now talk to me damn it." He studied my face.

"I can't lie and say I'm happy." I looked up into his eyes. "I have everything I could ever dream to have in this lifetime. A beautiful home that's furnished to perfection, any car I want at my disposal, an amazing career, and a man that would bend over backwards to make me happy." I sighed loudly. "But, I'm truly not happy with my life, or myself really."

"Material things never make anyone happy babe. Might for a while but never for long." Jon replied.

"I know." I smiled looking at him. "But I love being a mother. Swayze gives new meaning to the word love for me. I never knew what it truly meant to love someone more than yourself until I looked into her eyes and held her. Without her, I wouldn't exist."