THE FINAL: 1983

"School's out!" Mike yelled to his friends outside school.

"Mike... go slower" Nancy asked his brother "It's like talking to a brick, I swear"

"Well, remember when we were their ages?" Violet asked her "I was surely annoying, you were the stiff up friend"

"I was not" Nancy said indignated "I was so fun to be around"

"Yeah, so fun I once had to lie to my dad and tell him we went out partying when in reality we were doing homework in your room"

Nancy stopped her in the middle of the hallway and looked at her in awe.

"What now?"

"Nothing, you're cute"

Violet rolled her eyes and turned around, she saw a couple of girls talking secretsy while looking at her. Her smile totally faded away, she grabbed Nancy's arm and took her into the girls bathroom.

"You okay?"

"Will it ever stop?"

"What exactly?" Nancy asked.

"The weird looks... for them I'm the girl that came back from the death" Violet said pressing her lips, she looked at herself in the mirror "It's not fair"

"It's not. You are so much more than that"

Violet turned to face her friend, their personal space was completly broken because one step closer and they'd be kissing. And how much did they both wanted that.

They heard a toilet flushing and Violet moved away quickly, from the bathroom stall a girl they'd both recognize as Carol came out. She looked at them oddly and started to wash her hands.

"Johnson," Carol said while drying her hands "I'm glad you're back... from whatever it is you went"

[ONE MONTH LATER]

Christmas eve, it was indeed everyone's favorite holiday. Douglas had made sure to make this christmas the best both Theo and Violet ever had. Their house seemed to be Santa Claus's lair in Hawkins, it was hilarious to see Theo get scared with all the snowman figures Douglas had hidden in the house.

Before dinner, Violet drove to Nancy's house, trying to spend some quality time with her before she and her family went to New York for the New Year's Eve. She layed down in her bed, while Nancy looked through her closet for clothing options, she liked to see her get stressed because of how cute her lips looked.

"Yellow, or pink?" Nancy pose with both clothing items.

"Honestly, both look great"

"I don't need a both look great, I need a specific answer" Nancy said and groaned, she dropped the dresses down and layed next to Violet. Vee turned her head to face Nancy's.

"Why do you care so much if it's yellow or pink?" Violet asked

"Oh, uhm... Steve's coming over"

"Steve?" Violet asked confused "I thought you were done with him"

"I am... he's just, nice"

"So? Jonathan's nice but you don't get into his pants that easily"

"Okay, that's enough" Nancy cut her off "I like Steve"

"Just like you said you liked me?"

Silence. Violet stood up and grabbed her coat from the ground.

"Have a jolly, holly, christmas" she said sarcastically and slammed the door. Nancy stood in silence, both clothes in her hands.

"What are you doing Wheeler?" Nancy asked herself, she ran outside her house before it was too late. She had lost Violet before, and now that she knew she could have her it would be stupid from her to let her go.