1983

Violet had tremendous flashbacks just standing in front of Steve Harrington's house. Nancy noticed it because every time Violet gets nervous she tends to bite her fingernails merciless. So, a little annoyed by Vee's habit, she pushed her hand down and mumbled a soft "stop". Violet looked at her big, blue, beautiful eyes and looked at them, foolishly with amazement. How is it that, even after a big fight, she could not hate her?

The second big fight between Nancy and Violet happened a couple of minutes ago, before arriving at Steve's house. It was their second big fight because the first one had happened years ago, when they met, but no one remembered the reason.

Violeta picked up Nancy from her house. The plan was simple. Nancy would tell her parents that she was going to the assembly that the school dedicated to Will and later would say that they went to eat hamburgers or something like that.

Violet arrived in her blue Ford at Nancy's house, she felt it was a bad idea to go to Steve's party, but she could not help feeling that she should protect her friend and take care of her.

Nancy sat on the passenger side, and left her backpack (where Violet assumed she was carrying her outfit for the party) on the floor. Violet drove silently, while her friend was in charge of making the conversation while changing into a slightly more provocative attire than the one she was wearing.

"Vee, what's wrong?" Nancy asked clueless. She'd noticed her friend's silent treat from the moment she stepped into her new car, but why?

"Nothing" she replied, parking in front of Steve's house.

"Nothing?" Nancy asked back "Violet you better tell me the truth"

"It really is nothing, Nancy. I'm okay"

"Is it because we didn't go to Will's assembly?, because if it is so I told you we could go for a while-"

"No, Nancy. It's not that"

"Than what is it? Talk to me! I can't read your mind, I want to know why-"

"Because Steve is going to hurt you" Violet said quickly.

Nancy's face turned from pure concern to a confused gaze.

"Of course not, he's a nice guy," Nancy said incredulously. Violet laughed sarcastically.

"You're stupid Nancy" Violet spat those words without really meaning them.

"Pardon me?"

"You seriously don't expect someone like him to be the type of boyfriend that brings you flowers and takes your hand while walking through the park"

"Of course not! But at least he's interested in me!" Nancy said crossing her arms.

"Oh come on, there's plenty of fish in the sea"

"Violet!"

"Why him? Nance, why him?" Violet asked, hitting the wheel.

"Because I like him"

"Didn't we all" Violet said and rolled her eyes. After a few seconds the realization had hit her strong, she closed her eyes expecting for Nancy to don't figure out her comment

"What do you mean?"

"Nothi-"

"Do not Nothing me again" Nancy said "Did you and Steve had something?"

"Nancy, I'm just rambling" Violet said avoiding her blue eyes.

"Violet..."

"It was nothing really."

"Nothing" Nancy said indifferent, she opened the door and walked towards the house. Violet groaned and turned the engines off.

That's how both girls, after a big fight ended up in front of Steve Harrington's house.

Just when Violet looked at her angry friend, an almost drunk Steve opened the door.

"Ladies" he said with a smirk.

Not even after a few beers and drinking games was Violet drunk enough to endure with Steve and Nancy's affectious acts.

It pained her to see them together, knowing that a year ago she was in Nancy's position but with less luck. And she feared for Nancy, she was scared that Steve might've force Nance to do what he had once done to her. The worst part of all was, sitting by the opposite side of the pool, being unable to talk to Nancy and make things right with her.

"Nancy, I think we should go" Violet said walking towards her "It's getting late"

"Don't be a party pooper" Nancy said, clearly on the edge of being drunk.

"Nancy, your parents are going to kill you. Let's go" she said and grabbed her hand. Nancy harshly let go of hers.

"No. I'm staying here" Nancy said "You go."

"Fine" Violet said compulsively "Let's see who covers your ass when your parents start asking questions"

"Bye, bye" Steve said and started laughing.

"Wait" Nancy started walking behind Violet but was stopped by Steve's friend, Tommy.

Nancy observed her friend walk away.

-----

YIKESSS it took me forever to update, but I've been so busy with school and stuff and ughhh. Anyways, I hope yall enjoy this lil but significant chapter there are more to come oki :))