1983

"Where is Violet?" Theo repeated Nancy's words, surprised that not even Violet's best friend knew her whereabouts. Theo took a deep breath and looked up, quickly his eyes fell on Jonathan Byers who was being tormented by Steve Harrington's gang.

Theo ripped away, listening to Nancy's soft voice demanding answers as she followed him.

"Hey, Jonathan, these assholes are bothering you?" Theo asked, defending his friend.

"Ah, the boyfriend comes to the rescue"

"What's going on?" Nancy asked

"And here's the starring lady" Tommy said, looking straight at her.

"What?"

"This creep was spying on us last night" Carol handed Nancy a photograph, taken by Jonathan the night before at Steve's house, where she appeared almost naked.

Nancy was a bit confused, even Theo did not understood why his friend had gone to take those photos to Steve's house.

In seconds, Steve slammed Jonathan's camera to the floor.

"Hey, that's not cool!" Theo screamed, Nancy stopped him before he could get behind the group.

Nancy knelt down to help Jonathan pick up the pieces of the photographs. He noticed one in particular, one where Violet came out.

"Jonat-"

"Hey Nance!" Steve cried out, interrupting his thoughts. Nancy took some pictures, including Violet's, and got up quickly to follow Steve.

"You're good?" Theo asked, and just at that precise moment the wind took away the rest of the photographs taken to pieces.

"Yes, all right ... I guess" Jonathan said and sat on the floor "I was looking for Will ... but both Nancy and Violet were there and-"

"It's okay, J. You do not have to explain anything ," Theo said and then related what his friend had just said "Wait, you said Violet was with Nancy?"

"Yes?"

"At Steve's party?"

"Yes..."

"She said they were going to Will's memorial"

"I did not see them there"

"Son of a bitch" Theo said and got up quickly, looking for Douglas.

Nancy had abandoned Steve and his friends before the game had begun, she thought maybe Violet had stayed a little while outside Steve's house after their fight, and maybe she had slept on her car at least somewhere nearby.

She spotted Vee's car and ran towards it, looking through the window she saw nothing. Clearly that rules out Nancy's main idea that Violet had slept in her car, however it created another unknown explanation about where is Violet now?

Nancy came through the garden door of Steve's house, hesitantly walking around the pool area.

"Vee?" Nancy called her name, looking for an answer. Any answer

She heard noises coming from the forest, and as she continued to call Violet with a glimpse of hope she'd appear through the forest and they would hug and tell each other everything was alright.

But it didn't happen. Instead, Nancy found herself face to face with a horripilant creature she'd never seen before, she ran away. 

A few moments after Nancy ran away from Steve's house, Douglas and Theo arrived. They were bummed to know Violet was not there.

"There's no other choice kid..." Douglas said and looked away from the teenager, hoping he didn't saw him cry

"We are not filling a police report" Theo said "It hasn't been 24 hours, and if we do that... that means we've lost hope on finding her"