1983

"I'm telling you Nance! Something weird happened there"

"Hmmm" Nancy nodded without paying any attention whatsoever to her blonde friend.

"What's on your mind Wheeler?" Violet asked, hopping the answer wasn't Steve Harrington.

"I'm scared about the test"

"Oh come on, you haven't failed in years. Now, the truth" Violet demanded, and just when her friend was about to open to her for the first time in a week. Tommy, one of Steve's best friends, wrapped his arm around Violet's body, discomforting her very much.

Steve appeared and took Nancy's flashcards, "Hey, Give them back." 

"I don't know Nancy, I think you've studied enough" he said. Violet pushed his friend off her and stood next to Nancy.

"Steve..."

"Don't worry. Now, onto more important matters, my dad's left town for a conference and my mom's gone with him because, y'know she doesn't trust him, so are you in...?" Steve asked Nancy.

"In for what?"

"A party, Mary" Carol, the short red haired said with an exhausted tone. She started to call Nancy by the name of "Mary" (a reference to Virgin Mary) since she thought Nancy was the purest girl Steve has ever dated.

"On a Tuesday?" Nancy asked surprised, sure she has gone to a few concerts on some Thursdays, or to eat after school on Wednesdays with Violet. But a party? Nancy's doubt wasn't taken seriously as Steve's friend mocked her which infuriated Violet.

"Come on, Nance. It will be chill, just us" Steve said and than looked at Violet "Blondie can come too"

"Oh god, look-" Carol pointed to Jonathan Byers who was hanging posters of his lost brother in hopes of finding him. Violet felt as if her heart was being ripped off her chest, remembering the night before where she and Theo had gone in search of the youngest Byers, a lost search.

"Oh god, that's depressing" Steve said with a grimace.

"Should we say something?" Nancy asked, she felt sorry for him, after all his brother was friends with hers.

"I don't think he can speak" Carol said, earning some giggles from his friends.

"Are you seriously that insensitive?" Violet questioned angrily, gaining all the attention of Steve's group and Nancy "He just lost his brother. Even worse, he does not even know if he's alive, have some compassion."

"So what you told Carol this morning" Nancy said playing with the copilot's mirror "Badass"

Violet smiled and briefly looked at her friend "I was just saying the truth"

"Yeah, Carol's a pain in the ass" Nancy said and than bit her lip "But Steve's you know, different..."

"Ah, nope. I see what you're doing Nancy Wheeler" Violet said and parked outside Nancy's house "You're trying to convince me to go to the party"

"Well, yeah! Wasn't this what you wanted? Parties every day, and popular friends. Come on, Vee. Let's be crazy for a night"

"What about Will's assembly?" Violet asked, Nancy leaned in and placed a hair behind Violet's ear.

"We can go if you want, and after it we can go to Steve's house"

Violet hated herself for loving Nancy that much that she was willing to go to another stupid party from Steve Harrington.