3891

"Jonathan?"

She heard.

Violet had lost track of time, wherever she was there was never daylight. It was always dark, and cold- a winter you never want to experience. But that endless night, as she tried to calm her hunger she felt her heart beat after days of not feeling it at all.

"Jonathan!" she had heard someone yell in despair. Violet walked out from Nancy's closet, and ran as fast as she could. At first, her legs were numb and her breathing was out of control, but her ambition to find help was consuming her thoughts. She hesitated before entering the woods.

But she did anyways, because that one scream for help could become her salvation. So she ran as fast as she could, following the voice that so desperately called for "Jonathan"

Who the hell was Jonathan?, she thought.

She paralyzed. The figure that was hiding behind a tree had to be a trick. She was angry at herself for being so reckless- that figure was obviously not Nancy Wheeler. She had ran all the way from her hiding spot, and now she was a few feet away from that hideous monster that haunted her before.

So she started to walk back, silently and carefully.

"Just follow my voice, Nancy, I'm right here!" she heard in a distance. So now, there were two voices playing along. The voice of Nancy Wheeler and the voice of Jonathan Byers. Which meant two things... shit was happening.

Violet turned once again to find Nancy in distress and the monster behind her. So she grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it as far as she could, the monster obviously heard the noise and ran towards it.

Nancy turned to look as the monster ran away, and her vision that rested on Violet Johnson. Her hair was greasy and messy, her face was covered in dust and her lips were no longer red.

"Oh my god... oh" Nancy sighted, she ran towards the girl that seemed to be her friend and stopped in front of her. Nancy's hands reached out for Violet's face, tracing a circle in her cheeks, "Is it you? Is it really you?"

"Nancy, it's me" she said crying "It's me Nance"

"Holly crap" Nancy hugged her friend, she pulled her as close as she could. She wanted to never let go of her now that she had her. It was a magical event in a crappy scenario, which reminded Nancy that they still had to go back.

"We need to leave, now" Nancy said and grabbed Violet's hand. She tried to follow Jonathan's voice again

"Look, there's light coming from that tree "Violet pointed at the same tree Nancy had walked in from.

"Go" Violet said "I'll be behind you"

Nancy nodded and tried to force her way through the small path, she groaned and pulled her hand out trying to reach Jonathan.

"Vee, come on!" Nancy shouted at her friend once she was on the other side, next to Jonathan.

"I can't! It's closing"

"Just grab my hand!" Nancy yelled at her while pushing her whole arm through the trunk of the tree.

"Nancy, I can't reach you!"

"No! Violet, come on! I'm not losing you again!" Nancy yelled "Just grab the fucking hand!"

"I love you!" she heard Violet called, and as she had feared, the trunk of the tree closed, she lost Violet again.

Nancy bursted out on tears and started to punch and scratch the tree trying to open the portal again. Jonathan stopped her, and softly said "you're going to make yourself bleed"

But what he didn't knew was that she was willing to do anything to get her back.

I love you, Violet yelled.

And I love you was all Violet wanted to hear back in return, as she stared blankly at the trunk of the tree. She started crying again. Hopeless and helpless at the same time, Violet approached her death every moment she spent in that place.

Just this time something was different. Nancy was alive and knew where she was. If she was going to fight for her, than she'd do the same thing.

So she walked through the forest trying to find a portal, anything to get through the other side. Instead, she found a wooden fort that had a sign up and it read:

"Castle Byers"