1983

Nancy thought it'd be a good idea to find Will's walkie-talkie so they could get in contact with Mike and his friends. As they arrived at the Byers' house, everything seemed to be going in a rush, they felt chased.

"What's up with this mess?" Theo asked shocked at how disastrous Jonathan's house was, he felt a hand reaching for his arm and before he could even complain he was facing Douglas inside of Will's room. Jonathan looked through the drawers and Joyce under the bed.

"I got it!" Joyce yelled, they all gathered around it in a circle. Jonathan took the walkie talkie and handed it to Nancy.

"Mike, it's me, Nancy. Mike are you there? I need you to answer this is an emergency, do you copy?" she stopped and looked over at Jonathan "I need you to answer"

"He won't answer..." Theo said "They probably believe you're being held hostage or something..."

"Why would they?" Joyce asked.

"Because they are kids" Douglas said and shrugged "They believe in the worst case scenario"

Hopper took the walkie-talkie from Nancy, as he ordered Mike to pick up "We can protect you. We can help you. But you gotta pick up, are you there? Copy."

He dropped the device and sighed, "Any other ideas?"

After a few seconds, Mike answered.

"Okay, I'll go pick them up. You guys stay here" Hopper demanded.

"No... I'll go with you" Joyce said stopping him from walking outside.

"Joyce, I need you all to stay in here. It's safer. I'll be back in a couple of minutes" Hopper pushed her away and walked outside, but before he did that he walked towards Douglas "Do you know how to shoot a gun?"

"No..."

"I do" Nancy said stepping up, Hopper handed her a small gun and nodded.

"You know what to do"

"When did you learned to do that?" Douglas asked her in disbelief.

They awaited in silence, Nancy sitting with her gun in her small hands and Jonathan biting his nails. Soon before they know, a car light filled the entire living room and the five of them enlightened with hope. They ran outside and saw the kids walking out from Hopper's van. Nancy rushed to hug her brother.

Inside the living room, Douglas brought the kids some milk as well as cookies, they thought he was being weird but Nancy thought it was sweet.

"Okay, so in this example we're the acrobat. Will and Violet, and that monster, they're this flea" Michael pointed out with his red marker to his rushed drawing on a piece of notebook Jonathan had gave him "And this is the upside down, where Will is hiding-"

"Violet as well" Nancy cut him off.

"Yes. Anyways, Mr. Clark said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space"

"A gate"

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab..."

"Is there anyway that you could talk to Will... in this...?"

"The upside down" the little girl, so called Eleven, said and nodded.

"And vee... can you find her too?"

Eleven nodded.

"We will need something to create static, and maybe a picture or something personal of Violet to help El" Dustin said. Nancy stood up and ran through the room to find her bag, inside she looked like crazy. She walked towards Eleven with a picture and what seemed to be a hair tie.

"I never returned it to her, maybe it could work" Nancy said.

However it did not work. The static was not strong enough, plus the little girl was tired and aggravated. On the other hand, Nancy had a migraine. She laid on the couch trying not to think, only to sleep.

But. Nancy. Couldn't. Stop. Thinking.

She heard her brother discuss with the others but it sounded so distant compared to the sound of her thoughts. What if she was now dead? What if she never saw Violet again? What if she never amend things with her?

She'd start to think about being with her, her heart would beat faster the moment she remembered her voice and how much she longed to hear that laugh again. She didn't know how but she fell asleep. She probably didn't even get to sleep but her mind was projecting images one right after the other:

There she was, Violet, jumping in her room while Nancy laughed and begged her to stop. She'd grab her by the arms and pull her towards the bed. Once they were side by side, they'd look at each other with a soft smile. Violet would say something like "So, you have some pretty eyes miss Wheeler" and Nancy would hate her for that but she'd still blush anyways. And then, in a matter of seconds, their lips would meet.

She jumped in the couch, startled by the simple thought of kissing her friend. Her girlfriend. Jonathan walked into the room and said "Dustin had an idea, but we need to go now"

Hawkins middle school gym, all of them worked together to build the sensory deprivation tank Eleven needed to communicate with Violet and Will. Nancy and her brother tried to get some hoses they would most definitely need, Nancy broke the lock on the door with a rock and started to pack up with the help of Mike.

As they carried the supplies back to the school gym, Nancy noticed how tense her brother's face was.

"What did she even eat?" she broke the silence.

"What"

"Eleven"

"Oh, candy, leftovers, Eggos..." Mike listed.

"I knew you were being weird... I just thought it was because of Will"

"I knew you were acting weird too I just thought it was because of Steve" Mike snapped back.

"Hey," Nancy dropped everything to the ground and stood firmly "No more secrets. From now on we tell each other everything"

"Okay, so do you like Violet?" Mike asked carelessly.

Nancy blushed and started to blink extremely fast "What? No! She's my friend. My best friend" Mike nodded and shrugged "Do you like Eleven?"

"What. No. Ew. Gross"

Everything was practically ready, all that was needed was for Eleven to jump inside the salinated pool. It was the moment of truth. Eleven was now ready, they all kneeled around the pool as they awaited in silence. Nancy held Jonathan's hand in hopes of good news.

"Castle Byers" Eleven pronounced with difficulties. Joyce and Jonathan shared looks.