1979

Violet lost all hope of being forgiven by the principal once again. One would think that she had learned a lesson or two from the many times she has been in the principal's office, but Violet continues to end up in that rectangular office, talking to Millie, the secretary.

Violet did not expect Theo either, who appeared with a message for Millie. Violet managed to hear him mutter "Her father is busy at the bank and he sent me for her"

Millie agreed and said "He does know she's suspended, right?"

Theo picked up the backpack from the floor and gave Violet a look to get up and follow him. The twelve year old girl followed Theo outside the school and asked, "did you called dad?"

"No"

"Why?" she asked in confusion.

"Because i skipped classes too" Theo said and laughed.

That little episode of rebellion from Theo, which was expected by Douglas, and Violet was an event that would forevermark their relationship. Theo took Violet to his favourite place in Hawkins, the arcade. In there they both spent so much time playing and eating pizzas that they lost notion of time.

Violet had learned so much from Theo in that span of time, for instance she now knows how to hack a machine to gain more tickets, also she'd learned weird habits such as eating her french fries dipping them in a milkshake. 

"Who do you think would be better in an arcade, Elvis Presley or Freddie Mercury?" Violet asked taking a bite of her last pizza slice.

"What kind of question is that?" Theo asked confused "Obviously, Freddie"

"Why?"

"Have you heard the man sing?" Theo said bluffing "He could do my math homework with his eyes close and get a perfect grade"

"His wife must be lucky" Violet said, now taking a sip from her milkshake.

"Yeah... except he likes boys"

"Oh..." Violet said, confused. She'd admired Freddie Mercury for so long, hearing that revelation truly shocked her, "And is that wrong?"

"Absolutely not. It's just... not accepted" Theo said with a grimace "If you ask me that's bullshit, you should be able to love whomever you want"

Violet smiled at him tenderness.

Their moment was interrupted by the entrance of Douglas Johnson, utterly pissed at both of them.

"I'd like to say happy birthday but I wasn't invited to the party" he said and crossed his arms "To the car. Now."

Violet sat quietly in the back seat, while Theo explained the situation to a less angry Douglas. He took the blame for her completely and said it was his fault she'd missed classes. Douglas knew he was lying, he knows his daughter perfectly to not know she'd do something stupid to avoid school, but was pleased to know that Theo had grown to protect Vee. 

Theo glanced at Violet through the rearview and winked, he immediately proceed to turn on the radio and a song by Queen started playing. Both of them sang from the top of their lungs until the song was over. And then a beautiful silence filled the car.

----

This is a very short chapter, I know I take foreeever to update but trust me when I say new chapters are comming soon (I'm on finals week). This chapter is very important to me because it shows how much of a nice soul Theo is and how Vee looks up for him and his opinions <3

I'm very thankful for the few people that keep reading this story! Expect more soon!:)