1983

"I am going to kick his little teenage, rebellious ass" Joyce said walking furiously next to Douglas into the police station.

"Who's ass are we kicking?" they heard someone calling them behind

"Theo what in the hell are you doing here?" Douglas asked, he nodded at Joyce and she walked inside.

"I heard Jonathan got involved in a fight... I just wanted to see him in pain"

"Alright, stop" Douglas placed his hand on Theo's chest before they could enter the police station, Douglas sighed "You had a discussion with him. So what? Friends always get into fights, but you love him, he's always been like a brother to you... don't let that love fade away. Not in times like this"

As Douglas and Theo walked inside the police station they saw officer Hopper walking outside.

Jonathan stood up, or at least tried to, as soon as he saw Theo walking next to Douglas. He pushed his mom for a while and kept staring "What are you doing here?" he asked defiant.

"Heard you got into a fight..."

"So?"

"Hey, Nancy and Joyce can we like talk over here for awhile?" Douglas asked, practically forcing them to leave the two boys alone.

"I can't lose more people in my life. Violet's lost, she's the closest I have to family... asides from you and Doug"

"Theo we can find her"

"I know. I trust you. I don't care what kind of weird shit you are doing with Nancy. You are my friend and I shouldn't have turned my back on you"

Jonathan pulled him closer into a hug.

"I'm in need of an explanation right now" Hopper said walking into the station with a box. He dropped it in front of Jonathan and Nancy walked next to him with a look of guilt on her face.

"What is this?" Joyce asked looking at the multiple weapons.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found them in his car?"

Hopper's office had a distinguished smell of leather and cigarettes. There were no picture frames nor personal items in the whole space, it was a loner space. Nancy took a seat next to Jonathan, since she was part of the mess they got themselves into, she avoided all types of eye contact with both Douglas and Theo because they reminded her of Violet.

Jonathan showed them the pictures, the one where the monster appears. Douglas didn't seem to understood what the picture was, in fact he believed it was taken out of a sci-fi magazine or a movie poster, but as soon as Jonathan explained the theory him and Nancy had been developing it started to make somewhat a little sense.

"God this is..." Joyce said euphorically "I can't even describe this... I am--"

"That's not the end of it" Jonathan said and glanced at Nancy. She couldn't do it. She could not tell them what had happened and how she lost Violet once again.

"What?" Douglas asked "What is it?"

"We saw Violet" Jonathan said "Well... Nancy did"

In that moment, Douglas felt his heart beating faster, his vision got blurred out and he felt light headed.

"You didn't" Theo said while biting his nails.

"It was dark. And cold" Nancy closed her eyes preventing tears "I couldn't get her out. But I felt her. She was real, she was hiding and I just... I went out first" Douglas kneeled in front of her and squeezed her hand, with his other hand he touched Nancy's chin and she opened her eyes.

"Was she okay?" Theo asked, getting a nod from Nancy.

"She is smart" Douglas said "You found her. Now she knows we are looking for her... she'll fight her ass to survive"