1977

On a daily basis, Violet Johnson would pretend to have a cold. She'd wake up early in order to plan her big performance. One day she'd place the thermometer in the freezer, another day she'd mix soup with other substances to than pour it in her toilet, her biggest accomplishment was when she had fainted just before exiting the door of her house.

On occasions she would get help from her fake brother, as she would call him, Theo to make her dad believe she was constantly getting sick. And it worked for a while, the man was drowning in his work that he didn't had time to prove the facts.

That was until one day he had woken up earlier to drink some water and found his little girl, in Theodore's shoulders, trying to put the thermometer into the microwave. He laughed at her, mostly because he adored Violet's wit at such young age.

He did, however, sent her to school everyday since (no matter how cold it was outside or if there was a flood, hurricane, tornado, whatever the condition was). Violet went to school for the first time when she was 10 years old.

Hawkins wasn't a big town, but she didn't knew that. Violet hated the fact that they had to move from New York to Indiana, it was mainly one of the reasons that lead her to act as a germaphobe for such long time.

"This is a school, it's a closed space in which kids like us go inside to try and learn useless stuff, got it?" Theo said jokingly while walking with Violet to school.

"Shut up Theo, I know what a school is" she said shrugging, he was having the time of his life because he was used to walk all alone to school, well until he befriend a creepy kid that no one would really talk too.

"Okay marshmallow, see you after classes" he said walking away. Violet than realised, she had no idea how people would react to her or how would she behave to be cool.

She turned around to walk to the exit, but a strong hand pressed her shoulder. She squinted her eyes and looked up to see a tall, bearded man, "lost kiddo?" . The principal than took her into her classroom, he had introduced her by her name and said something about being nice to her because she was new.

"Okay, Violet... why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?" the teacher asked. All the kids, every single one of them looked at her. Her heart was beating out of time, she looked around and found a set of big blue, and comforting, eyes.

"Uhm, I'm Violet, my favourite color is, well, violet" she said and everyone laughed, specially the girl of blue eyes, she than felt secure. Her posture changed and she started to speak more confidently.

The teacher asked her to take a seat, which strategically was next to the girl of blue eyes. Violet sat down. Everyone started to move around in their place, taking out notebooks and pens, Violet than remembered she had forgotten to bring school materials.

"Hey, do you want a piece of paper?" the girl of blue eyes said, Violet nodded, "Here, I'm guessing you want a pencil as well"

"Thanks"

"No problem. I'm Nancy, by the way, Nancy Wheeler" 

Hello! So I don't even know if there's anyone reading this, probably not.

I would like to apologise for my bad grammar and awful use of english. I've had this idea for a while, still don't know where it will lead to but I'm hoping for a very cool, romantic and creepy story!