I sighed and shook my head trying to shake the thought away.

Come on, Nina. You have a sick boyfriend here. Stop thinking about it and think about helping him get better.

I sighed again and soaked the towel, but this time I left it on his forehead.

I grabbed the bowl and threw the remaining water into the sink and headed out of his room and downstairs again.

I placed the bowel in the sink in the kitchen and went back to Kaleb who had his eyes glued to the TV screen.

I groaned and slumped down beside him. Wow, going up and down the stairs is really tiring. Plus, why the hell did I get up so early today when I wasn't even going to work?

I mentally face palmed myself. Great job, Nina. That was so smart of you.

I decided to just watch the game with Kaleb to get my mind off things.

Every thirty minutes I would go back upstairs and change the towel on Jake's forehead. And whenever I would go back to the TV I could feel my eyes dropping. The reason is because Kaleb's watching a very boring movie which he loves so much. Don't even ask me what the title is, because I have no clue.

After ten minutes of trying to keep my eyes open I gave up. I nudged Kaleb with my elbow making him look at me then back at the TV.

I rolled my eyes. "Kaleb." I called nudging him again.

"Hmm?" He said without looking away from the TV.

"I'm gonna take a short nap. Your movie's boring me to sleep. Wake me up in twenty minutes okay?"

"Yeah, okay." he said not even looking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and took my spot on the couch. I felt myself drift off in a matter of seconds.

I woke up to someone nudging me.

I groaned and opened my eyes. Kaleb was still nudging me, his eyes fixated on the TV.

This boy and TV, I swear.

I slapped his hand away. "Okay, okay. I'm awake."

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 6:30pm. What happened to waking me up in twenty minutes.

I glared at Kaleb and slapped his arm making him jump surprised. "Oww! What was that for?"

"I told you to wake me up in twenty minutes, not in an hour!"

He rolled his eyes and went back to watching TV. "Not my fault. Jake told me to let you sleep."

"What? Where is he?"

He pointed to the other side of the L-shaped couch, his eyes never leaving the TV.

Jake was sprawled on the couch sleeping. One arm under his head and one of his legs was resting on the couch while the other was down on the ground. I noticed that he changed into a tight light gray shirt and that he got some color back, but he was still pale.

I stood up and went to him. I gently placed a hand on his forehead. He's still warm, but not as warm as before.

I sighed. Well, at least his fever went down a bit.

I turned back to Kaleb. "When did he get up?"

He shrugged. "About a few minutes after you fell asleep. Then we played his Xbox for like fifteen minutes, then he got tired and so we just watched a movie. I think he's been sleeping there for like, I dunno, thirty minutes now?"

I sighed. "Well, at least he's resting."

I looked at my wrist watch. It was ten minutes before seven. "You eating dinner here?"