Purpose - 19

I wiped my eyes, trying to stop the memories of my mom to from flooding in. I am no longer that little 12 year old girl. It did me no good to be thinking back about my childhood and my mom's deterioration. She was sick, she was sick because she sold her body to feed us. She only got worse when she started using more and more drugs. She's gone now. She overdosed and now she's gone and it's no use crying about it. More than ever I need to stop feeling bad for myself, because I'm always gonna be the only one looking out for myself. 

I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm oka-

"Did your brain cells all died off or something?" Evan hissed at me. I didn't realize he was talking to me because I couldn't focus on anything at the moment. 

"W-What?" I asked quietly, looking at him with confusion.

Evan cocked his head and gave me a hard look. "You're playing with fire, little girl. Seems like you've really gone brain dead."

"Look man, she's just scared. Can you just cut her some slack?" Alex interjected, his face angry with thinly veiled anger. I might really be brain dead because for a second there, I actually thought I could trust him. 

"I agree with him. I've spent all day trying to put this girl back together." Chris sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

I looked between the three of them, feeling exhausted, but I needed to say something. "You'll give me purpose," I looked at Evan who shifted his icey eyes towards me. 

"Either that," he shifted towards me, "Or you're dead weight I'll dispose of." 

I took a few seconds, my eyes glazing over as I stared back at him. My whole body hurts, and it made it hard to think straight. "Okay."

"Okay?" He echoed.

"Give me purpose."  

Alex's eyes snapped towards me, and Chris went still for a moment. I wonder if they are surprised that I chose to live, rather than die. One look at myself in the mirror wouldn't make their reactions seen unreasonable. I looked like hell, and I have been stuck in hell for a long while now. Might as well make myself comfortable until I get out of here. 

Evan smirked at me, pleased. But I could have sworn that he seemed a bit surprised with my compliance too. He got up off the bed, his eyes mocking me. He gave me a condescending, yet pleased look before leaving the room. 

"Assholes," I muttered, not addresing anyone in particular. I stared at a random spot on the wall, my head hurting, my whole body hurting. I had no more energy to deal with anything else. I slowly slid onto my side curling into myself, and decided to sleep right on Alex's bed.

"Fuck all of you," I uttered before closing my eyes. 

------

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and support! Even if I don't often reply, I always feel immensely happy to know my readers enjoy my story <3  If you enjoyed this chapter please don't forget to click on the vote/like button! :D

Art by: Ko Byung Jun